Lava & Rainforests Helicopter Adventure from Hilo
After you’ve seen Kilauea, your four-passenger Hughes 500 helicopter will whisk you to the next jaw-dropping sight. All passengers are guaranteed window seats on the flight, so you won’t miss any of the panoramic views. You’ll see the Wailuku River, where you’ll fly by an amazing series of waterfalls cascading into the emerald pools below.
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Dependent on aircraft, Helicopter holds 4 or 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the window seating option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please notify Paradise Helicopters Reservations Department if travelers have health restrictions or serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
It was beautiful the pilot was nice he even took a photo of us with our phones
Totally awesome experience! First time in a helicopter. The pilot was great! Sean described all the various scenery well. He was very polite. i loved the seeing the flowing lava and the waterfalls were beautiful.
Was a long day, but a great way to see the Island. The guide was super knowledgeable, friendly and inspired us with not only stories about the Island but the wider Pacific and Polynesian culture.
Amazing flight. We had the doors off and while there was no big eruptions during our time, you could certainly feel the heat of the volcano below. We flew really close to the crater and you could see the hot lava bubbling. Our pilot flew over the old lava flows going down the mountain into the ocean. All the activity that has happened in the past was amazing to see it all first hand and from above was awesome. We flew over the waterfalls on our way back to the helipad. Fantastic experience that we would not get to have in New Zealand. Recommend to all. Great 45 minutes of our holiday. Doors off a must, well worth it.
Wonderful pilot who told us a lot of facts and history about the volcanoes that he flew us over.