Zodiac Raft and Snorkel Adventure
Explore lava tubes and sea caves as you travel the inaccessible shores with spectacular views of the remote coastline. Marvel at the incredible geology as your captain entertains you with narration and excites you with skillful driving in rafts used by the Navy seals and the U.S. Coast Guard. Snorkel among beautiful tropical fish living in the coral gardens (approx. 1.5 hours) before snacking on a tasty Hawaiian snack in the marine sanctuary. Learn about the geology of the island as you venture into sea caves and past lava tubes.
The Rigid Hull Inflatable Zodiac vessels used are 24 feet (7 meters) in length, powered by twin outboard motors to produce a quick moving and highly maneuverable ride. The rafts are perfect for exploring the shallow coves, sea caves and lava tubes located along this coastline. Each boat can hold up to 16 passengers.
Due to the bouncy nature of the ride, the Big Island Zodiac tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems, or pregnant women. The Kona Coast has the calmest water and the fast-moving Zodiac is the least likely vessel to cause seasickness.
- Rafting expedition
- Use of snorkel equipment including masks and flotation devices
- Picnic snack (Hawaiian fruits, potato chips, cookies, sodas, fruit juices and bottled water) offered on the 8:15 AM and 12:45PM tour grade
- Beat the Crowd Mid-Day Tour offers deli sandwiches, chips, cookies, pineapple, fruit and soft drinks
- Local taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Pregnant women are not allowed on this tour
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
This was the most fun my family had on our trip. My 13, 11, and 7 year old loved this adventure. Amanda and Bryce made it even better with their humor and knowledge of Hawaii culture. We saw whales, snorkeled, and took a dip in the middle of the pacific! Only advice I can give, is don’t jump in with your sunglasses on. If you’re in Kona, you have to check this out and make sure you ask for Amanda and Bryce!
We go every year with our grandchildren. This was our fourth trip. Its always fun and we always see dolphins.
Was a good Adventure the Guide was perfect
Only good things to say about this tour. Had a great time!