Hiroshima Cycling Peace Tour with Local Guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hiroshima tourism bicycle rental piece coming management office, 2-29 Kyōbashichō, Minami-ku, Hiroshima, 732-0828, Japan
【10:00/14:00】 Meeting up
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Enko Bridge, Minami-ku Enkobashicho ~ Matobacho, Hiroshima 734-0000 Hiroshima Prefecture
【10:30/14:30】 Enko River
Hiroshima has developed along with the rivers. The guide will tell you the geographical features of Hiroshima and so on while looking at the scenery.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hiroshima Castle, 21-1 Moto-machi Naka Ward, Hiroshima 730-0011 Hiroshima Prefecture
【10:45/14:45】 Hiroshima Castle
You are shown to Hiroshima Castle and Gokoku Shine and learn about culture and history. There is the remain of the headquarter where the initial report of the atomic bombing was transmitted. The guide will you tell you the situation right after the A-bombing and the sufferings of the victims.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, 1-2 Nakajimacho, Naka, Hiroshima 730-0811 Hiroshima Prefecture
【11:15/15:15】 Peace Memorial Park
The guide will you show you to the Atomic Bomb Dome and so on. He will introduce stories from the locals' point of view not known from the exhibitions in the Museum and books.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, 1-2 Nakajimacho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0811 Hiroshima Prefecture
Peace Memorial Museum can be included upon request. (Extension charge: 1,000 yen/hour, payable in cash on the day. Not possible In case of a shared tour.)
Stop At: Miyuki Bridge Monument, 2-13 Higashisendamachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0053 Hiroshima Prefecture
【11:50/15:50】 Sendamachi, Miyukibashi Bridge, Kyobashi River, etc.
The guide will show you the actual townscape of Hiroshima in the suburbs away from the touristic area. You will find beautiful Hiroshima vigorously revived from the tremendous damages by the atomic bombing while visiting numerous A-bomb heritage sites and listening to the episodes handed down in Hiroshima.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Pass By: Hiroshima tourism bicycle rental piece coming management office, 2-29 Kyōbashichō, Minami-ku, Hiroshima, 732-0828, Japan
【13:00/16:00】 The tour finishes at the meeting point.
- Rental bicycles
- English-speaking guide
- Insurance fee for bikes
- Local taxes
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Hiroshima Castle
- Entry/Admission - Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation requirements ：Regardless of age, customers taller than 145cm/4.8ft can participate. Children’s fee: Free – if your children don’t get ride the bike. (We have 2 child seat bikes. Feel free to confirm it in advance.)
- Free Wi-Fi ：◯
- You will get photo data taken on the day.
- The insurance will cover an auto accident.
- Near public transportation
- The timetable may change depending on the circumstances.
- In the case of bad weather, we cancel the tour to take into consideration the safety of the guests.
- There is an alternative tour when it rains. You can change the tour to “Peace Route in Rain” at the same price.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
My wife and I absolutely loved the bicycle tour given by “Yuri”. She showed us many peace monuments around Hiroshima and told us accounts from people that survived the tragedy had remembered this sad part of human history. I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy riding a bicycle after so many years but Yuri’s capacity to make us welcome and her patience and happiness was contagious. I am very glad to have joined this tour. I have learned a lot about human suffering but also about the hope for the future Hiroshima possesses. Yuri made the point that out of tragedy can come new hope. There is a real focus on Peace now in Hiroshima. It is a tremendous city. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wishes to have an insight into the Hiroshima bomb from Yuri’s touching and unique perspective.