Small-group Mekong Delta - Cai Be Village (Day Trip)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asiana Link Travel - Day Tours, 29A Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000 Vietnam
Pick-up time is between 7:30am - 8:00am at hotels in District 1; and drive 2,5 hours to Cái Bè. We will stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cai Be Floating Market, Cai Be Vietnam
• Upon arrival, we will visit a flea market before cruising along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River. Stop by a house-boat at the floating market for having fresh fruits, and see how locals do their business on water.
• In your visits to some local cottage industries you can see a coconut candy workshop, try some snake wine, learn how to make pop-rice, or witness the process of making rice paper.
• Cross to the other side of the Mekong River to a famous island named Tân Phong. Here we visit a tropical fruit garden, listen to Vietnamese traditional music, and slowly enjoy getting in touch with local life by taking a hand-rowing sampan.
• Lunch will be served at a local house. Your host will show you a cooking demonstration and challenge yourself with cooking a traditional Vietnamese dish and enjoy your wonderful lunch afterwards.
• After that, we can choose to take a rest at the house or take a cycling tour about 30 minutes around the village, this will give you a fantastic way to experience local life.
Get back to the house, say goodbye to your hosts and drive back to Hồ Chí Minh City. We drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 as request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Duration: 3 hours
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Small-group tour limited to 12 guests/group.
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All boat trips (motorboat & hand-rowed boat)
- Bicycle ride
- Lunch (5-course set menu)
- Drinks (2 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Snacks (fruits, candies, honey tea
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Cai Be Floating Market
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks
- Travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise if you have food allergy or dietary information.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
We were so happy with this tour, we have two boys aged 5 and 8 Ms Hanh took great care of them and ensured we had a great time. Her knowledge was amazing. A jam packed day learning heaps about the people of the Mekong Delta! If you only have one day to visit this is the tour!