Small-group Mekong Delta - My Tho & Ben Tre (Day Trip)
• Upon arrival, we board a motor-boat and cruise along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River, including four famous islands “Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix”.
• Stop at one of the floating fish houses, in nets and wire baskets under their house, the villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp - a major export product of the region.
• Cross the River to the other side, you will stop at a traditional workshop to witness a step-by-step process on how to make coconut candy, honey farming… while trying some yourself and listening to traditional music.
• Enjoy what local people offer by hand rowing a sampan along the shady, breezy canal. We will transfer to local transportation called Xe Lôi to travel throughout the villages.
• Lunch will be served at a riverside restaurant with a Vietnamese 5-course set menu. Please request in advance if you have a food allergy, you are a vegetarian, or you observe Halal.
• Take a rest after lunch before boarding the motor-boat back to Mỹ Tho. We drive to Vĩnh Tràng pagoda, an ancient southern architectural gem built in the middle of the 19th century. There are many Buddha statues including some that are over a hundred years old.
We drive another 1,5 hours back to Hồ Chí Minh city and drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 on request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Small-group tour limited to 12 guests/group.
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All boat trips (motorboat & hand-rowed boat)
- Lunch (5-course set menu)
- Drinks (2 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Snacks (fruits, candies, honey tea
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks
- Travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise if you have food allergy or dietary information.
- Vegetarian or Halal food option are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
Had a fantastic time, our guide had lots of local knowledge and made the tour fun for us all . He was very helpful in assisting me on and off the boats as I was a little unsteady.Highly recommend.
This is the worst tour guide we've ever had during our stay in Vietnam. She didn't talk much and was not very informative. To top it all off, the driver and the tour guide did not drop us off in front of our hotel. Instead, they dropped us off in the street corner about 100 meters from our hotel. Please train your personnel on how to treat your customers.
this tour was well organized and we had so much fun the whole day. Our guide, Denny, was really very knowledgeable of the places we went to and speaks good English.You will never go hungry in this tour :- .
Good tour but a lot of time wasted being forced into multiple tourist souvenir shops. Our guide was stuck when he was informed that the river was going down and we would need to walk a fair way to the canal boats. Many requests for direction later and we found the boats.