Full-Day Mekong Delta Bike Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
The Mekong is Vietnam's most abundant agricultural region and it's also home to local artisans and weavers. We'll stop at a small shop to see traditional woven mats and visit a nearby cocoa plantation. Chocolate in this region is world renowned. We will ride through two, very traditional local wet markets with fresh fruits and vegetables from the region, as well as the recent catch of fish from the local rivers and streams. Rice is still the most prominent crop and the views across rice fields are stunning. There is some riding on smaller dirt and paved paths, but the route is safe for even the casual cyclist.
As we head further south, rural roads give way to concrete canal paths and the vegetation grows more dense as the streams start to look more like the large tributaries of the Mekong. We will visit a busy the largest wholesale fresh produce market in the region, see indoor fresh water shrimp cultivation, and stop at a beautiful traditional temple of the Cao Dai religion.
Lunch is prepared in a private home with a beautiful garden patio for dining. After our meal and short rest, you will board a small canal boat for a relaxing journey through quiet canals. It's the perfect opportunity to savor the diversity and flavors of the day. We'll then board our private van for the drive back to Saigon.
Total distance is 28 k and we stop frequently for photos, water and snacks. Plus, you'll be introduced to farmers and artisans along the way. Snacks, morning coffee, water and lunch are all included in the tour.
This is a bike tour far from the crush of tourists, where locals will greet you with surprise and delight and where you'll feel a true part of this vibrant and picturesque are of Vietnam.
- Top-quality Merida, Giant and GT bikes for all size and ages, including kids
- Helmets meeting international standards
- Homemade lunch served in a private home
- Seasonal fresh fruit and drinks at the rest stop
- Professional, English-speaking Vietnamese guides
- Bottled water throughout the ride and at meals
- Support van for transfers during your ride
- Food and drinks, other than those detailed in itinerary
- Personal Expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress in comfortable clothes for biking with proper footwear. Flip flops and loose sandals are not advised.
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended.
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking for proper bike sizing. This includes children.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Guests should be comfortable on a bike and in reasonable physical condition.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. The tour operator will provide thin plastic rain ponchos.
- Confirmation will be sent after booking on-line
Fun day touring the mekong - small group and lots of fun
This was one of the most amazing cycle rides I have done. I had two brilliant guides who took me to all the tucked away places along the route including:a fish market, mat weaving, cocoa farm boat down the Mekong River and an amazing lunch. Brilliant trip
This was a great way to really see and explore the delta. The tour company, Grasshopper Bike tours, is well known locally. My guide was excellent, and we had a great bike ride. It was hot and sticky no surprise, but its flat as a pancake. The lunch, served at a local person's home, was delicious. If you want to see the delta doing something somewhat physical, take this tour.