Private Tour: Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
On your way, stop at the Vinh Trang Temple, a Buddhist site featuring ancient bronze statues and a colonial history. Pause along the banks of the river Tien, the northern artery of the Mekong River.
Take a boat trip on the Mekong River to a workshop where handmade crafts and sweets are produced from coconuts. A short ride on a horse carriage brings you to one of the many nearby orchards, where you taste homemade honey tea, savor fresh seasonal fruits, and enjoy traditional live music.
Stop at the home of a local family, and follow your guide through their garden to sample fresh-picked fruit from their trees. Then have lunch at restaurants side by side close the river with freshly caught fish for your lunch, accompanied by other Mekong Delta dishes such as fresh river shrimp, deep fried spring rolls, clay pot pork, soup, rice and dessert.
After lunch, hop on a bike/horse for a leisurely ride through the countryside, soaking up the rural ambiance as you pass small villages and farms. Alternatively, you can relax in a hammock if you don't want to ride. Mid-afternoon, step back in the boat and cruise along the canals until you reach the spot where you return to your tour vehicle. Your day trip ends with the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City for hotel drop-off.
- Bottled water
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All boat transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bike rental
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sun protection
Throughout the tour our guide Henry was so knowledgeable, helpfull and able to answer any questions asked of him. Lunch at Mien Tay Riverside was plentiful. This is great way to explore the Mekong Delta
we enjoy the boat trip and the scenery. our tour guild nice but I feel he doesn't know how to create a funny atmosphere for the clients. I really looking for picking the fruit and catch a fish as mention on the web... but it did not happen on our trip. Bike around the village is really fun. anyway not a bad tour for us.