Sai Gon: Cu Chi Tunnels half day trip
At 08.00 (or 13.00), the car driver and guide pick you up at the hotel and depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi. Leave the city behind, the scenery changes to views of rice paddies with villagers drying noodles by the side of the road and other scenes of Southern Vietnam. Upon arrival in Cu Chi, start the visit of the famous Cu Chi Tunnels. It is an impressive network of tunnels with a length of over 250 km. This strategic place was used by 15,000 Viet Cong fighters during the war. This main axis system has many branches connecting to underground hideouts, shelters, and entrances to other tunnels. The tunnels are between 0.5 to 1 m wide, just enough space for a person to walk along by bending or dragging. However, parts of the tunnels have been modified to accommodate visitors. The upper soil layer is between 3 to 4 m thick and can support the weight of a 50-ton tank and the damage of light cannons and bombs. The underground network provided sleeping quarters, meeting rooms, hospitals, and other social rooms.
You will have a chance to watch the movie of the war time. Then you spend your time inspecting the tunnel site, visiting the gates, traps, underground hospitals, worships, kitchens and bunkers, and going through a section of the tunnel. You also have a chance to try firing M-16, AK-47 and carbine rifle at the National Defence Sports Shooting Range. After the visit, we transfer you back to your hotel at 14.30 (or 17.30).
Special Offer: “Pho” for Morning Session, and dinner for the Afternoon Session.
Note: "Surcharge 30% will be applied for: 30 April, 1 May, 24 Dec 2015, 31 Dec 2015, 01 Jan 2016”
- Air-con car/van picks up and drops off (16 seaters)
- Meals as mentioned in the itineraries: Vietnamese food, Asian Food
- Departure time and meeting points: Hotels centrally located in 1 district
- English-speaking guide (other languages available upon request depending on availability. A small surcharge may apply to some languages)
- Bottle(s) of water, tapioca
- Entry/Admission - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Beverages and other meals are not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance, Visa fees to Vietnam
- Personal Expenses
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Great, great, great guide - Ahn! Informative and entertaining. The tour was fantastic. So glad I took this tour! So interesting to see the war time tunnels, crawl inside them, and even shoot an AK-47! Amazing experience overall that I highly recommend!
Had a great tour led by our handsome tour guide Mr. Tony and driver Mr. Nghia. Tony is a knowledgeable men and he can definitely answer to all your questions on Ho Chi Minh or Cu Chi history.. Humorous guy and able to speak English fluently. Will definitely look for him again the next time I'm back.