SHORE EXCURSION - ESSENCE OF SAIGON - PAST AND PRESENT
Your journey begins with an introduction to Vietnam’s vibrant southern metropolis by private car. Set off into the bustling morning atmosphere of downtown Ho Chi Minh City, en route to a collection of its most famous landmarks. Start your journey at the Central Post Office and Opera House, both colonial-era architectural masterpieces with dazzling French design. From the Post Office, walk onward to the nearby Reunification Palace, so-called for the building’s integral part in the reunification of the country following the war. Explore the stately meeting rooms within the Palace’s interior before enjoying beautiful third-storey views across its vast grassy lawns and gardens.
Just nearby, pay a visit to the War Remnants Museum for a firsthand look at the mid-twentieth century war through the eyes of the Vietnamese people. By private car, make your final stop before lunch at Ben Thanh Market for a glimpse at the city’s bustling commercial heart. At Mandarin Restaurant, enjoy a freshly-prepared Vietnamese lunch accompanied by a cooking demonstration, before your private car continues on to the Chinatown District.
This afternoon, swap your private car for one of Ho Chi Minh City’s most charming modes of transportation - a cyclo! Wander through a small fruit market before taking off on your cyclo. This traditional rickshaw for a leisurely journey into the winding alleyways of the Chinatown area, arriving at Cha Tam Church and Chua Ong Pagoda, a stunning example of Chinese-inspired architecture. By foot, head down a traditional herbal medicine street for a closer look at how locals use herbal remedies for everything from headaches to energy boosts! With a tea bag as your souvenir, wave goodbye to the friendly owner and head onward to Bitexco Building - a glittering example of modern architecture in the city. As the fifth highest building in Asia, the views from the EON Cafe Shop offer unrivalled panoramas of the sunset. Enjoy a leisurely cocktail as the sun dips below the horizon for the perfect wrap up to your tour. Your car will take you back to your hotel at the culmination of your journey.
Transfer back to the previous Port for departure.
- English speaking tour guide
- Port Pick-up & Drop off transfer (from Phu My Port in Vung Tau)
- Cyclo during the tour,
- 1 herbal tea bag/person
- Sunset Cocktail at EON coffee shop/bar
- Port tax
- Entry/Admission - Hanoi Opera House
- Entry/Admission - War Remnants Museum
- Travel insurance
- Services & meals if not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour starts at 08.00, finish at around 16.30
- Passport name, DOB, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- At time of booking (at least 01 month before travel date), Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, arrival port, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Itineraries will be revised to match with actual timing. Actual program to be discussed and confirmed at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
Our driver and guide were on time and waiting outside our cruise ship port. William was extremely knowledgeable and used the transfer time (in private car) from the cruise ship to downtown HCMC to explain the recent history of the city. With our limited time, we toured a temple in Chinatown and the War Remnants Museum for a fascinating non-USA view of the Vietnam war. The lunch at the Mandarin restaurant was outstanding with amazing food, attentive servers and beautiful surroundings. And, the cyclo ride through the markets was fantastic. This was so enjoyable, the ride could have been even longer. Finished the tour in style with a drink at the Bitexco building’s rooftop bar (360 degree views). A very nice tour and highly recommended.