Upper Mekong River Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
- Arrive at My Tho City and a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda, home for three impressive Buddhas. The old temple gates are decorated with artistic imagery made of broken ceramics, and the courtyard will mesmerize with myriad plants and flowers maintained by monks at the monastery.
- Take the boat to reach Ben Tre and head to a nearby village to learn about its cultural heritage.
- Have Vietnamese lunch at the local restaurant.
- Continues via a small rowboat down the tranquil streams of the Mekong River.
- Savor tropical fruits and honey tea, produced from the villagers' own beehives.
- Enjoy the regional folk music before your journey.
- Watch life along the riverbank before disembarking at a coconut candy workshop. Observe workers as the confection is boiled in pots, cut, and wrapped with precision.
- Take the bus to back Ho Chi Minh City.
***Please note: Drop off time is subject to traffic
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop off at the centrally located hotels in District 1 (if option selected)
- English speaking tour guide
- Boat trips
- Lunch at local restaurant with Vietnamse cuisine
- Snacks: honey tea, fruits
- 1 bottled water/pax
- Other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Travel insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of District 1
- Tips and personal cost
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Group tour from 20 pax
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at time of booking.
- A surcharge maybe applied to the bookings with 2 or more children.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Extra surcharge may apply for pickup outside of District 1.
- For the centrally located hotels in Dist 1 where we can not pick up and transfer because of the traffic rules, please contact the local supplier for support. In more detail, we are not allowed to pick up at Nguyễn Trãi Street, Nguyễn Thị Nghĩa Street,…
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
I was visiting Ho Chi Minh City for work, and decided to book a tour. Our guide, Mr.Ut, was funny, knowledgeable and really made the trip that much more memorable. I would highly recommend this tour to others!
This tour is interesting and we had a great tour guide, Tony. Recommended.
The trip was good leaded by the good tour guide except the lunch provided. It was not as good as what they posted on the review, the entire group was very disappointed with the food and it was our worst lunch in HCM trip.,
Simple and hassle free itinerary. The tour guide 'Tony' speaks very good english, make it easy for everyone from every corners of the world to understand the trip. Though it is a group tour, everyone get to experience the Mekong comfortably. A less costly and good way for solo traveller like me, to tour Mekong too.
Was a good one. The meal was overwhelming.