Small-group Mt. Wellington and Tahune AirWalk tour from Hobart
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
A scenic 90-minute drive south from Hobart, one of southern Tasmania’s must-see attractions. You can walk high above the forest canopy and share the lives of the forest giants from up-close, looking down to the place where the wild waters of the Huon and Picton Rivers mingle. The 600-metre walkway ends at a spectacular cantilevered platform 50 metres above the riverbank, with views extending to the mountains of the World Heritage Area. Further into the forest follow the trail to the 2 swinging bridges or enjoy a peaceful walk along the Huon river, get up close to see young and mature Huon pines growing in their natural riverine rainforest environment. Expolore paddling, drifting and splashing on a raft or kayak through bouncy rapids and quiet stretches of the Picton and Huon River. Enjoy local Tasmanian produce in the cafe.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Travel to the summit of Mt. Wellington to experience the magnificent iews of Hobart and the River Derwent.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Willie Smith's Apple Shed, 2064 Huon Hwy, Grove, Tasmania 7109 Australia
Optional stop for afternoon tea. Visit the apple museum.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by arrangement only for central Hobart hotels.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their accommodation.
- A fair amount of walking is involved but transport can be provided up to the AirWalk itself, for those who do not wish to undertake the walking trails.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
This tour was extremely disappointing. We had one day in Hobart and were really excited for this, but we spent most of the day on the bus and were unable to even go to Bonorong due to spending so much time driving around. The tour operator allowed 5 people to jump on in addition to our group of 4. These people did not pay ahead of time and completely dominated the tour from choosing where we went to lunch and how long we stayed at Tahune. The tour operator was basically pushed around the entire time by this group and did stay on schedule at all. We were only able to spend about 30 minutes at Mount Wellington and 30 minutes at Tahune across an 8 hour day, and the rest of the time was spent in the car. The exception to this was a lengthy stop for lunch chosen by this other group and the tour guide did nothing to get them back into the bus or to control the situation. They did give us a partial refund because we couldn't go to Bonorong, but that was our once in a lifetime opportunity to go and it was completely missed. Complete waste of money.
book for a small-group tour, ended up going alone, it was such an amazing experience on top of my private tour. Gareth knows his way around. Airwalk was the highlight of the trip, followed by the Boronong Sanctuary. SUPERB recommended!
I loved the Tahune AirWalk and the drive down along the Huon River, etc. Gareth Bailey made sure I got to do the trip even though I was the only one booked for that day.