Eat Like a Local Tour in Hua Hin
At the next stop, you will taste the dishes from the Isaan region, the NorthEast. These dishes are designed to challenge the taste buds a little. The depth of flavour exhibited from this region is astonishing.
On the way to your second last venue, you will stop and try some roadside sweets.
Your penultimate stop is a very local eatery located just opposite the Klai Kangwon Palace. This restaurant serves exclusively Northern Thai cuisine. Here, there is no menu in English. True to the palace's translated name, Far From Worries, you have no worries to come and try two of the North's most famous dishes in Khao Soi • Chiang Mai Noodles and Sai Ua • Chiang Mai Sausage.
Your final destination is another very local institution. Its serene garden location serves excellent Thai food. Here you try Gaeng Kiaw Wan • Green Chicken Curry with Roti. Khun Nim's example is one of the best you will ever taste. You also sample a unique Thai snack Khao Tung which is rice crackers with peanut sauce.
Altogether, the tour includes around 15 food tastings.
Note: Sometimes our regular vendors are closed on the day you have a tour booked however we have other vendors that are equally as good in the event that there is closures.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (distance restrictions apply). If you are outside our free pickup zone, which is in the Hua Hin city or Khao Takiab areas, there will be a transportation surcharge
- Up to 15 food tastings stopping at 4 venues & 1 street food vendor
- Slurp and eat noodles within a traditional 2 story Thai house near the railway line
- Sample Thai sweets that will challenge and delight your senses
- Taste the remarkable depth of flavour of North Eastern food
- Sample the sublime tastes of Northern Thai food
- Dine at a restaurant that has such serene garden surroundings as they serve up a remarkable Gaeng Kiaw Wan - Green Chicken Curry with Roti, along with another couple of treats
- English speaking local guide
- All tour transport by local Songtheaws
- Personal expenses
- Alcohol (may be purchased)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of the Hua Hin City and Khao Takiab areas (distance restrictions apply). If you are staying outside this free pickup zone, there will be a transportation surcharge which will need to be paid at the commencement of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour is not suitable for guests who are gluten intolerant or who have a nut allergy.
- Tour is not suitable for strict vegetarians, as it is difficult to avoid fish and oyster sauces. We can cater for Vegetarians who eat these sauces, however they may not get the full amount of advertised tastes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements upon booking.
- No walking is involved as we utilise local transport
- Minimum tour numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation, even after confirmation, if there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative, or full refund.
- Feast Thailand carries compulsory Travel Accident Insurance, which is required by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). This policy is underwritten by AXA Insurance Public Company Limited. All guests on a booking must advise their name, passport number, nationality and date of birth in order to be insured, as required by Thai law. This information is confidential and will not be used in any other way.
we had the pleasure of having Belle as our guide ... she was the best guide and took us to many locations during our trip. all the places we visited had great food to taste . we would easily recommend this tour as a introduction to many dishes we would not have usually tried .. thanks for a great day .. Diana Mechel