Hvar Hidden Gems Half Day Tour with Lunch or Dinner
Continue along an old island road "paved" with amazing views. Pass by perfect views of the island's deepest bays, and eventually reach the fascinating village of Velo Grablje founded in the 14th century. Explore the village's stone houses and courtyards as you admire the area architecture, walking the narrow streets as you absorb the settlement's timeless charms. Today the village is nearly abandoned, but a few permanent villagers remain. Although it was once a rich and prosperous place, famous for its good wine and olive oil production. Honey production was also well known in the village as well, together with lavender oil being the leading one in Europe of the time.
As you leave Velo Grablje, continue to the abandoned village of Malo Grablje and then finish the day with authentic Dalmatian lunch or dinner (depending on the time of day). A sample menu is below.
Local cheese and smoked ham with island extra virgin olive oil, marinated fish
Peka - traditional meal with lamb or mixed lamb and veal under the iron bell covered with the ash.
Simple traditional desert with almonds
Local wine, water, grappa - local brandy
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- 3-course lunch or dinner
- Local Driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers (minimum of 2 people) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
We did day trip to the hidden village last year It include wineries last year But we only did half day trip this year. The location of the abandoned village is excellent but the pekar lunch - beyond amazing. Our guide and driver fantastic. We learned lots of new things from our guide her knowledge of the island of Hvar amazing. Loved every bit of the tour.