Hvar Wine Tasting Tour
Situated in Jelsa, a small coastal town which has a very proud and long wine-making tradition. The Tomić family and ten other people from the island of Hvar work in the winery. They cultivate indigenous grapes, but experiment with new ones as also. They are constantly enhancing the production of red, white and rose varieties with modern technologies, but pay particular attention to Prošek, the original Dalmatian wine made from selected and dried grapes of the highest quality local varieties. In the wine cellar you will have the opportunity to taste 4 to 5 different wines together with a specific wine guide, who will describe the individual wines and provide all information needed with islands finest local appetizers.
Residing in Vrboska, the Carić family have been involved with vineyards for as long as they remember, however it was not before Vino Hvar was established that they started producing their own wines, “Carič wines.” Their work in the vineyards is just as important to them as their work in the winery. They have 5-hectares of vineyards in a specially designated wine growing area known as “Vinogorje Hvar.” They also purchase a minimal amount of grapes from contract growers to compliment their crop. They also grow indigenous varieties, such as Plavac Mali, Bogdanjuša, Kuč, Maraština, Darnekuša and Pošip. Their wines have an individual story from the vineyard to the winery. You will have the opportunity to taste 4 - 5 different wines together with a specific wine guide, who will describe the individual wines and provide all information needed with islands finest local appetizers.
Hvar wine tasting tour includes one of the above mentioned wineries.
- Local taxes
- Wine tasting with light refreshment
- Pick up and drop-of from your Hvar hotel / Hvar Bust station / Ferry Port in Stari Grad
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers (minimum of 2 people) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Morning Wine tasting departure is 11:00 am
- Afternoon Wine tasting departure is 4:00 pm
We thought this was an excellent tour. Our guide Ivan had a great personality which made the tour fun. He was also punctual, a good driver, very knowledgable and took us to various points of interest on the Island. The Tomic Winery that he chose for us was great. A very good presentation of delicious wines, accompanied by a nice selection of local cheeses and meats. We highly recommend this tour.
Our driver was excellent and very kind. He took us around main landmarks of Hvar islands and we had a pretty good idea of the whole island's history when we finished the tour. The wine tasting was great, 6 different wines of all the Croatian varieties. Our wine46 guide, Caterina, was really polite and predisposed.
This tour was amazing!