Iceland Lava Centre
See the powerful forces of nature at work in Iceland’s amazing Lava Centre, a brand new interactive exhibition which is completely dedicated to the study of volcanoes and geology in Iceland. The Iceland Volcano and Earthquake Center has earned the title of being one of Lonely Planet’s most exciting new exhibitions opening for tourists. You have the option of visiting the exhibition, a fully interactive study of the volcanic and seismic systems within Iceland. The art and science of geology will educate you on how Iceland’s volcanic systems have formed and how they affect the overall ecology of the country. You’ll also get the chance to visit the cinema auditorium where screenings of educational and informative videos on Icelands volcanoes and geology will be screened at super high 4K definitions. After the wonder and awe of seeing nature’s power at work, you can also visit the souvenir shop and enjoy a meal at the restaurant with a 360-degree viewing platform on top of the building, an impressive structure designed by local architects.
- Visit the “Iceland Volcano & Earthquake Centre”, a brand new interactive educational exhibition centre dedicated to the unique volcanoes and geology of Iceland
- Voted as one of the top most exciting New Opening locations for tourists by Lonely Planet
- Equipped with a tourist Information Centre, a full size souvenir shop and a restaurant with a 360° viewing platform on top!
- Enjoy an interactive exhibition exploring the art and science of geology, and Iceland’s volcanic systems
- Enter the cinema auditorium where visitors can see the magnificence of volcanic eruptions in 4K HD!
- 9:00am-7:00pm daily
How To Get There：
- Address: Lava Centre, Hvolsvöllur
- By car: 104 km or 82 min from Reykjavik, you can input 63.7546735, -20.2372402 for your GPS location
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email