Hyderabad Half-Day Tour: Golconda Fort and Qutub Shahi Tombs
Golkonda Fort derives its name from a Telugu word "Golla Konda" meaning "shepherd’s hill". After the downfall of Baihmanis in AD1518, the fort became the capital of the Qutb Shahi kings (AD1518-1687). Golkonda Fort was built on a 400 ft. high hill and has three lines of massive fortification walls one within the other as well as eight imposing gateways. The well-planned township of Golconda located within the fort was one of the splendid cities famous during the medieval world for its extensive trade in gems and diamonds as attested to by foreigners including Marco Polo.
Later you will visit the Qutub Shahi Tombs. The tombs are domed structures built on a square base surrounded by pointed arches and have a distinctive style that blends Persian, Pashtun and Hindu. After visiting the dorm, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hyderabad
- Professional guide
- Live commentary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Golconda Fort
- Entry/Admission - Qutab Shahi Tombs
- Camera/video fees
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Please advise morning departure or afternoon departure at the time of booking
Was a great tour! The guide was really knowledgeable about the places and could give a lot of details about their history. He gave a lot of attention to the tour guests and also took the time to take pictures of us. Can only recommend this tour!
The guide Raize was very nice and knew a lot about the site. I had a very good afternoon exploring this amazing Fort!