Hyderabad Old City Food Walking Tour
A typical Hyderabadi will spend hours debating the best place to have a cup of Irani tea and, believe it or not, sometimes friendships can be threatened by arguments over the best Haleem joints in town. The cuisine of Hyderabad is a result of its history over four centuries and the involvement with food is more than just satisfying human's basic needs. In fact, people in this city are so used to good food that they take it for granted. Walking through the busy markets and by-lanes of the old city, you will not only get a glimpse into the food ethos of this region but also experience in person Hyderabadi's passion for good food.
In this food walking tour, we will explore one of the oldest vegetable markets, make our way through some of the best breakfast snacks in town, participate in the Hyderabadi pastime of sipping cups of Irani tea with Osmania biscuits, bite into warm, just baked local bread and watch the efforts that go into preparing some of the best delicacies this region has to offer.
- Food tasting
- Local taxes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Absolutely incredible tour of the Charminar area in Hyderabad! Would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get a sense of the magic of India. Tip: Do not eat before heading to a 10am tour -- there's TONS of food to be eaten, so skip breakfast! 10/10 experience. A must-see while in Hyderabad.