Republic of Moldova | Day trip from Iasi
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Capriana Monastery, Capriana Moldova
Capriana Monastery. For a long time, the monastery was the residence of the Metropolitan of Moldova and it was patronized by many Rulers of Moldova including Stefan the Great.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Triumphal Arch, Grand National Assembly Square, Chisinau Moldova
Chisinau was documented for the first time in 1420, but most of it was leveled in WWII and by a tragic earthquake that struck in 1940. They started rebuilding the city in 1950 in a Soviet-style, and both the center and the outskirts are dominated by utilitarian high-rise buildings. On our tour, we will discover Chisinau’s main attractions: their own Arc de Triomphe, the 1841 Holy Gates at the center of the city and we will stroll through one of the city’s parks and learn about Prince Stefan, the noble symbol of Moldova's medieval past.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cricova Winery, Petru Ungureanu St., 1, Cricova 2084 Moldova
Cricova Winery, situated at a depth of 50-80 meters, representing a real underground city. The Moldavian cellars where Vladimir Putin keeps his wine are so big you need to drive through them. You will also find Herman Goering's private collection, taken by the Red Army from Berlin in 1945. Considered to be the pearl of Moldovan winemaking, Cricova is the founder of production of high-quality elite wines. The influence of Ancient Greece and the Roman period is reflected in the reliefs you will discover inside the winery. In this unique place, you will have to opportunity to discover the steps to wine tasting and try a selection of the great range of wines. Optionally, you may choose to have an unforgettable lunch in this fantastic place.
Duration: 1 hour
- Transportation with a modern vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting
- Bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Capriana Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Cricova Winery
- Lunch (approx. €13/person)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide;
- A small amount of walking is involved;
- Children must be accompanied by an adult;
- Not wheelchair accessible;
- Minimum age is 12 years;
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
My day tour to Moldova was fantastic. My guide and driver were wonderful and made the experience even more enjoyable. Thank you Otilia and Ovidiu. I especially enjoyed the tour at Cricova winery, this place was awesome and shouldn't be missed on a trip into Moldova. Very enjoyable wines too.