2-Day All Inclusive Guided Jungle Tour from Iquitos at Maniti Eco-Lodge
9:00am departure from Maniti Expeditions office in Iquitos city to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista) where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat we will travel downriver 70km (about 2-hour). During the riverboat trip we will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island is a small island which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat. During our visit on the island we will have the unique opportunity to observe a wide variety of monkeys; some of them are sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Spider monkey and many more! We will have to opportunity to hold very large Anacondas, Boas and interact with the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle.
Afternoon fishing excursion via boat with opportunity to catch piranha, catfish and other species of fish.
Dolphin watching session at the camp where we will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If we are lucky we will also have the chance to swim with them on the main Amazon River.
In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys).
Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge
Early morning jungle hike where we will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds and many other wildlife in their natural habitat. We will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants.
Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City. We'll visit a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe about history and their customs.
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English and Spanish)
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours and excursions as described in itinerary
- Private accommodations (bedding, mosquito Nets, shower)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Airport transfers (tour starts from our office in Iquitos)
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, etc)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Hotel In Iquitos City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
We had an incredible time with the Maniti tour group. Our tour guide, Alfredo, was incredibly knowledgeable and a pleasure to be around. He had many insights about everything we visited and we got to see the Amazon rainforest through the eyes of a local because of him - he really felt more like a friend than a tour guide. Everything was very well planned out and easy to navigate. We left our suitcases at the pickup point, rode mototaxis to the port, then took a boat to the lodges. All the meals they made for us we're incredible, as well as all the hikes and wildlife we saw. Monkey island was incredible and a big highlight of our trip, we got to play and hold many different species of monkeys.