Native community in Iquitos
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yakumama Amazon Tours, Iquitos 16000 Peru
After collecting it from your lodging, we will go to the pier to start the adventure.
Stop At: Amazon River, Iquitos 16000 Peru
After navigating the Itaya River, we will arrive at the Amazon River where we can see the change of color of its waters and occasionally the dolphins swim according to the weather and the season
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bora Indians, San Andres Village Nanay River, Iquitos 16000 Peru
We will sail along the Nanay River to visit the community of the Kukama, learn their customs, see their dances and live a pleasant experience learning to handle the bow and arrow.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pilpintuwasi Butterfly Farm, Padre Cocha, Iquitos Peru
We will visit this beautiful sanctuary full of butterflies where we will learn about them and live a pleasant experience knowing all its varieties.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Bora Indians
- Entry/Admission - Pilpintuwasi Butterfly Farm
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
After being picked up at out hotel, we went straight to the butterfly garden as weather on the Amazon is quite unpredictable, I'm not an insect enthusiast by any means, but still found this part enjoyable. Afterwards we went to the Kukama tribe site which is a few yards away from the butterfly garden, after seeing their traditional dances there was some time to take pictures with the tribe and buy some of their crafts. Then we headed back to the river for our meal, the setting was nothing short of specatcular as we tied the boat to a neaby tree and proceeded to have lunch right there on the river, great experience! and a as vegetarian that found peruvian cuisine dissapointing, this meal more than made up for that, as lunch included some amazonian plants and vegetables and drank juice that was sqeezed right there on the spot, talk about freshness!!!... afterwards we proceeded to the Bora's site where we watched their traditional dances. Afterwards we headed back to our hotel. I want to make a special mention of our tour guide Elmer for an outstanding service, he was knowledgeable and very accomodating to our needs!... I highly recommend taking this particular tour!