Amazing Westfjords - Nature tour in Isafjardardjup bay
It can take up to an hour to get to the areas where wildlife is abundant. On the way our guide and crew will educate you on the history of the bay and make you feel like home on our old but newly refurbished fishing boat Ölver.
On board you have complimentary refreshments inside the heated saloon. On the upper deck you can enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful scenery of one of Iceland most remote areas.
The life at sea can be cold, even in the middle of the summer. There for we recommend to all our customers bring warm clothing, hats, mittens and water and wind tight jackets.
- Light refreshments
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Landing and facility fees
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 6 people per trip is required
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 34 travelers
The crew included a Marine biologist who happened to know just where the whales were hanging out. We landed in the middle of a pod of approximately 10 or 11 whales. There were so many, I lost count! It was truly a breath taking experience. And the icing on the cake came when 3 Puffins (who were supposed to be migrating south) showed up on the port side of the boat and posed for everyone's pictures. Truly a wonderful experience.
What a fantastic tour this turned out to be. Expected a tour of mainly sea birds only to get 2 hours of fantastic whale watching.
The captain explains me rhecontrols if the ship. The owner is warm and friendly. We were information about the area, the way of life, the sea birds and Maine life.