Eco-Adventure and Snorkel Cruise
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Theater of the Sea, 84721 Overseas Hwy Mile Marker 84.5, Islamorada, FL 33036-3410
Established in 1946 by the P.F. McKenney family, Theater of the Sea is one of the oldest marine mammal facilities in the world. The McKenney family still owns and operates the park today.
Originally a rock quarry excavated for Henry Flagler’s railroad in the early 1900’s, the lagoons and lush, tropical gardens at the facility are home to Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, California sea lions, sea turtles, tropical and game fish, sharks, stingrays, crocodiles, alligators, marine invertebrates, and birds. Twelve million gallons of ocean water are pumped in daily to supply water to the three-acre natural salt-water lagoons.
While some of our animals were collected and others were born here, many are non-releasable as a result of imprinting and/or injuries sustained in the wild. The health and well being of the animals takes precedence over all other interests and their care and maintenance is supported by patronage alone.
Stop At: Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park, U.S. 1 at Mile Marker 78.5 77200 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036
Visit Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park. Take a step back into the past and tour the Matheson House built in 1919. This once private island has changed little over the years. Note: Lignumvitae Key is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Stop At: Indian Key State Historic Site, Mile Marker 78.5, Islamorada, FL 33036
Explore Indian Key Historic State Park. Learn about its colorful history of Indians, Spanish Explorers, wreckers, and pirates. Indian Key is open daily.
- Snorkel vests
- Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park.
- Indian Key Historic State Park
- Please note: There is a $2.50 fee per person, payable directly to Florida State Parks if landing on either Island.
- Entry/Admission - Theater of the Sea
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants must be here by check in time or the booking will be cancelled.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend program content without notice, usually due to weather. If cancellation or amendments are necessary, we will contact you at the phone numbers you have provided.
- Liability waivers must be signed by a parent or or guardian prior to participation. Any appointed guardian must provide notarized documentation of guardianship or the form must be accompanied by a copy of the driver’s license.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Outstanding!!!! Darlene was our captain and very knowledgeable about the area. We went out to some reefs in the ocean and she got 2 very inexperienced snorkelers in the water for the experience of a life time!! She was so patient with us!! We went to 2 reefs one at the lighthouse, 2 islands that were state parks and a stop at Robbies where we saw a manatee and many tarpon that you could feed. We have rented boats before in the Keys but weren't familiar with the area so this tour really gave us a view and history of the area. Just beautiful scenery and highly recommended!!!