2-Day Cappadocia with Cave Suites from Istanbul
5.15 am Pickup from your Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul airport. You will receive your PNR code after reservation.
You will be met at the Cappadocia airport with your name written on a paper.
Start the day visiting Devrent Valley, also known as “Imagination Valley”, this is the most surreal-looking landscape. Your next stop will be Pashabagi also called the Monks Valley because Christian hermits chose to locate hermit cells and churches in these three-headed pinnacles symbolic of the Holy Trinity, it is possible to see all the stages in the formation of fairy chimneys at this spot.
Proceed to Avanos the pottery centre of Cappadocia, this village is set on the banks of the Red River.
You will have lunch in a local restaurant before continuing to Goreme Open Air Museum. The world’s most important Byzantine cave churches are found in these once remote valleys where monks and nuns pursued monastic life from the 3rd century on. Here you can see the best preserved Byzantine cave wall paintings and frescos from the Iconoclastic period through to the end of Seljuk rule.
Panoramic view point Esentepe. With a spectacular view over Goreme, see the complete view of Goreme valley and Goreme village: fairy chimneys, rock formations and cave houses. End your day with Uchisar Castle. This tall rock, the highest point of the Goreme region.
After the tour, Transfer to your hotel and overnight stay in Sultan Cave Suites Hotel.
(Optional: Pre-sunrise hot-air balloon flight. Hotel pickup: around 06:30 during winter and 04:30 during summer)
After pickup from your hotel at 9.45am, hike along the Red and Rose Valley, the most breathtakingly and mysteriously beautiful valleys in the region. Conclude your hike at the Cavusin Cave Village. Marvel at the rock castle and troglodyte dwellings where people lived until the 20th century. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant.
Descend towards the center of the earth with a trip to the Underground City of Kaymakli, one of the largest and deepest of Cappadocia’s many such settlements. Discover this underground city and its stables, cellars, storage rooms, refectories, churches, and wineries.
Visit the Pigeon Valley. See spectacular view of dovecotes (pigeon or dove houses), old abandoned cave homes and old Greek houses of Uchisar and Ortshisar Castle, the biggest mass of fairy chimneys in Cappadocia. There is also an optional pre-sunrise hot air balloon tour for those who want to see sights from the air.
(6 pm) Check out of your hotel and then finish your package with a transfer to Kayseri Airport or another Cappadocia hotel.
- One-way flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia (Kayseri) airport
- Istanbul Hotel – Airport transfer – 1 way
- Cappadocia Hotel – Kayseri airport transfers – Round Trip
- All Cappadocia hotel pickup and drop-off
- Breakfast (1 Day)
- Lunch (2 Day)
- Overnight accommodation (Cave Suites Hotel)
- Small-group Red Cappadocia tour (Full-Day)
- Small-group Blue Cappadocia tour (Full-Day)
- Professional art historian guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Optional: Pre-sunrise hot air balloon tour
- Entry/Admission - Museu a Ceu Aberto de Goreme
- Entry/Admission - Derinkuyu Yeralti Sehri
- Entry/Admission - Uchisar Castle
- Entry/Admission - Selime Monastery
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Extra Day: If you wish to stay longer, you can do so at €55 per person/per night including breakfast. You can make the payment when you're in Cappadocia. Please let us know if you wish to extend your stay.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
I would definitely recommend this tour to all explorers. The tour guide had a wide knowledge about the history of the area and was able to make sure everyone in our small group is satisfied at the end of the day. Downside, we didn’t have name and contacts of the shuttle company but they were on time