Highlights of Istanbul
Begin your day at one of Istanbul's greatest architectural masterpieces, the Hagia Sophia. This 6th-century basilica stuns with its towering minarets and beautiful golden mosaics. It is often called the 8th wonder of the world.
Head across the street to the Blue Mosque. One of the most famous monuments in all of Turkey, the Blue Mosque (also known as the Sultanahmet Mosque) is an Ottoman-era place of worship designed to match the grandeur of the Hagia Sophia. The walls boast more than 20,000 blue Iznik tiles.
Explore the Hippodrome, site of ancient chariot races. There are still relics of the past dotting this incredible area, which is currently a public square.
Continue to the Grand Bazaar, a historical covered market, and barter on everything from fine leather goods to spices and sweets. There are nearly 4000 stalls here, so you're sure to find something fascinating and beautiful.
After an included lunch, head to the Topkapi Palace. This was the official and primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans for nearly 400 years. Today it serves as a museum and monument. Stroll through its gardens and galleries filled with fine Chinese porcelain and silver. See many of the imperial costumes worn by the Sultans and their families.
At the conclusion of your tour, the vehicle will return you to your hotel.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Kapali Carsi
- Entry/Admission - Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya)
- Entry/Admission - Hippodrome (At Meydani)
- Entry/Admission - Topkapi Palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Our private tour (booked as group) was great and included Blue Mosque area, shops and restaurants around the Grand Bazaar, Old City tour and Sultans Palace. All tickets and lunch are included. Our tour guide Galat (sp) was friendly and knowledgeable. Five stars!! Have fun!!