Istanbul Byzantine Relics Half-Day Morning Tour
The second site we visit is SULTANAHMET Imperial Mosque which is built in 16th century and known as Blue Mosque due to its fascinating interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
HIPPODROME is the next place to visit. This monument was a circus and was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of Byzantine Empire.
Last but not least, we move on to the Grand Covered Bazaar, undoubtedly one of the best markets in the world in terms of age and dimension, over 4000 shops which attract approximately 300000 visitors daily.
Visiting all these relics will definitely blow your mind and give you an unforgettable memory in one the biggest cities around the world.
- Hotel pick up & drop off by air-conditioned non-smoking tour coaches
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Services charges & local taxes
- Meal, beverage
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
We thought this tour was pretty good but it wasn't particularly in-depth. Perhaps you just can't get that much info in a 4-hour tour. Our guide was friendly and knowledgable but he didn't spend a lot of time discussing sights and was more likely to just give us time to explore on our own. Sometimes he was hard to hear and was hard to follow in a crowded location. The one thing that we really did not like was that the guide took us to a high end carpet shop where the staff gave it their best effort to sell us expensive rugs. The tour did serve as a good introduction to some of the major sights, enabling us to fine-tune our self-guided excursions.