Snake River Scenic Float with Teton Views
Mornings are a perfect time to be on the river. The combination of a light fog lifting, sunlight striking the Teton Range and the fresh morning air provide the perfect backdrop for a relaxing scenic float. Mornings provide the best chance to catch a glimpse of wildlife before the heat of the day sets in. The magnificent Teton Range sets the stage for our 13 mile Scenic Float trips. This trip starts west of the town of Jackson and winds its way south through braided river channels and sand bars. This 13-mile stretch is home to an array of natural wonders unlike anywhere else on earth and the opportunity to view them all in one place is extremely rare.
This trip launches from the Wilson Bridge Boat Ramp. Our experienced and knowledgeable guides will navigate you through this pristine landscape, sharing the history, geology, and wildlife of the region. Due to calm waters, cameras and binoculars are generally fine for this stretch of river. You may see beaver, cutthroat trout, cliff swallows, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few may even catch a glimpse of a mule deer, moose, elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip features our full-sized AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18'3" raft. It seats 16 people but we average 8 to 10 guests per boat. All positions in this raft are non-paddling positions. Just relax and take in the beauty of Jackson Hole.
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rain Poncho
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
- Entry/Admission - Snake River
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- We have wet suits, wet suit jackets, and fleece jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets and fleece jackets are each $5.00 to rent.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees.
- Gratuities are not included, it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
We had a wonderful trip floating down the Snake river with Molly and Luke. They knew the river well and had a great sense of humor!
Went for the float last week while visiting Grand Teton. Extremely happy with our experience. Was travelling with wife and twin daughters 11 years old. Was provided with hotel pick up from Jackson. Everything went as planned. Float operator was knowledgeable about the local area. Saw seasonal birds. Quite relaxing in calm water and no other floats in the vicinity. Will recommend.
We were disappointed with this tour. Guide was excellent, but the scenery was not as advertised. River was running much too fast for enjoyable float trip. From the title of this trip Teton Views we expected beautiful snow capped mountain views but essentially saw none. and the views in the Grand Teton national park were still spectacular at this late June date The inflated river raft was crowded and uncomfortable for this big, moderately handicapped traveler.
Jessica was an informed, energetic guide. We had a wonderful time!!
Tour guide/raft guide Bobby was very personable and informative. Scenery was spectacular. However, there was very little wildlife to view along the river.
This was a great trip. Our guide was friendly, personable, very informative and knowledgeable about the river, wildlife and surrounding area. I recommend this adventure for anyone that does not want to take the more advanced rapids trip. A great experience.