Mangga Besar Food Tour
One of the cultures from old trading times that still have a big influence to Indonesian food even until now is China. This can be seen from the Indonesian culinary that has been influenced by Chinese culture until now that creates a cultural integration, making a delicious dish that can be enjoyed by anyone.
Good Indonesian Food Tour will take you to enjoy a variety of Chinese food and also a variety of food from the Indonesian archipelago in one of the areas in Jakarta that is still under great influence of Chinese culture, which is the very unique and interesting Mangga Besar.
- 5-6 types of foods in 2 hours (small to medium portions that will be more than enough to make us full)
- Small group capacity (maximum 8 people per guide)
- Local Foodie Buddy (English speaking guide)
- Start at 6 pm to 8 pm
- Betawi Peranakan set of coconut rice with crispy chicken and "semur jengkol" (dogfruit stew)
- Legendary Indonesian bakery & pattiserrie
- Legendary meatball soup from North Sumatra
- Variety of Indonesian Chinese street food stalls
- Much Love Durian Medan
- Food & beverages beyond the program
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear comfortable and relax clothing
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Vegan and vegetarian option available
- Please inform us for any food restriction
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
I did the tour on my first night in Jakarta. My guide, Icha, was very knowledgeable, fun and kind. I enjoyed talking to her, but I really liked all the food: ayam goreng, bakso, kwetiau, durian... I was happily full after this tour.
Great tour guide and really good food. what else is needed!
Provided plenty of food tasting opportunities and guide was really flexible re letting us taste whatever we wanted along the way. Couple of planned locations had moved / were closed and the traffic was very heavy Sunday evening which was a bit frustrating. The unplanned walk along the street stalls was really good and enabled us to identify and ask about food were interested in. The guide was knowledgable about about both the food and the culture. Great driver and modern air-conditioned car