Take a memorable ride on the Jasper SkyTram, the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada. This exciting trip offers the best views of mountain ranges, numerous turquoise-coloured lakes, glacial fed rivers and the town of Jasper. A perfect alpine adventure for all ages.
Jasper SkyTram is located 7 km south of Jasper at the end of Whistlers Road off Highway 93. Plan your time for the morning or evening hours to take advantage of the best times for photos, and fewer visitors. Visit the Basecamp Cafe at the lower station as you wait to board your 26 person tram cabin for the ride up the mountain. An experienced and knowledgeable guide will accompany you on your trip, sharing a few insights about the area, its history and the wealth of wildlife nearby.
In 7.5 minutes, you will ascend over a kilometer in elevation to a height of 2,263 meters (7,425 feet) above sea level, enjoying incredible views of the surrounding landscape. At the upper station, take in the panoramic scene and make sure to stroll on the boardwalk. Try hiking the 1.4 km Summit Trail to the peak of Whistlers Mountain at 2,463 meters (8,081 feet) where you can view six mountain ranges. If you are lucky, you might spot a ptarmigan, ground squirrels, hoary marmots (famous for their whistling alerts), pikas and sometimes even bighorn sheep along the way.
Before you leave the mountain, make sure to stop at the Summit Restaurant for a meal at the top of the Canadian Rockies. Visit the gift shops at the upper or lower stations to purchase a memento for yourself or souvenir for friends back home.
Please note: Jasper SkyTram operates from late March through to the end of October.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Jasper SkyTram
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Perfect times to visit are early morning or evening. These times provide the best light and opportunity for photography and there are typically fewer visitors during these hours
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, except for Summit Restaurant
- Due to uneven surfaces, Summit Trail is not recommended for individuals with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Upper station can be 12° C cooler than Jasper townsite
- If tram rides are canceled due to inoperable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
The skywalk is not up the side of a mountain, it is by the main road. You are taken 3 miles up the road away from the glacier, which is still visible further away, for the same views you would get from the road. The novelty is a sort-of transparent floor above the rocks. Overpriced and overhyped.
The Jasper SkyTram was incredible. The views down over Jasper as you ascend on the SkyTram are amazing. Once at the top of Whistlers Mountain there are trails to the actual summit. My tour time was after 7pm and the evening sunset was spectacular over the mountains.
Great way to see Jasper
Amazing views and the chance to see marmots and ground squirrels.