Lanai Snorkeling and Dolphin Encounter from Lahaina
The nearshore waters of this island are home to sheer cliffs, craggy rocks, and coral reefs full of colorful marine life. A large pod of spinner dolphins lives offshore and spends a considerable amount of time in the channel. It is very common for our guests to witness these incredible marine mammals diving, leaping, and swimming powerfully alongside the boat! Because the island is not as developed as Maui, Oahu, or Kauai, and the human population is small, the corals and other reef life have more space and time to thrive. You will love exploring the snorkel sites here. Whether you get the chance to see the wide-ranging coral reef of Manele Bay, or the unique reef life surrounding Shark Fin Rock, this Lanai snorkeling tour will leave you with lasting marine life memories.
You’ll board Quicksilver at the world-renowned Lahaina Harbor in the morning, when the seas and breeze are usually calm. While sitting on either of our two decks in comfort on the west shore of Maui, if you squint and look across the Maui Nui Basin, you can almost see Manele Bay on the south shore of Lanai. Shark Fin Rock, on the other hand, is not at all visible until your double-decked vessel rounds the west coast of the island, and brings you past even more amazing landforms. Some, like Sweetheart Rock, come to us steeped in Hawaiian legend. Quicksilver’s engaging captain and crew – always full of aloha – will bring these ancient tales to life as they narrate your time at sea.
This family-friendly Lanai snorkeling tour is sure to satisfy everyone, from first-timers to those more experienced with the thrilling sport. All snorkel gear, flotation devices, and snorkel instruction is included on Quicksilver. You can rent wetsuits and underwater cameras! There is also an exciting water slide, a freshwater shower to rinse off the salt, and even a glass-bottom viewing area so you
- 90-min one site snorkel
- Free Infant (6 & Under) - One Per Paying Adult
- Dolphin excursion
- Water slide
- Comfortable, intimate and covered passenger seating spread throughout two separate decks, with tables for almost every seat
- Stable, fast and comfortable catamaran with plenty of room
- Glass-bottom viewing area
- Professional captain and crew
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and flotation devices
- Delicious tropical breakfast: ham/eggs, pastries, fruit, Kona coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and juices.
- Lunch: Teriyaki glaze chicken sandwich or pulled pork BBQ sandwich, and macaroni salad. A vegetarian entrée available (when booking)
- Ice-cold sodas and juice
- Two restrooms
- Two freshwater showers
- On-board music (lots of Jimmy Buffet)
- Informative and historical narration
- Coffee and/or Tea
- SNUBA available onboard, but not included in ticket price.
- Adult beverages (for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not included nor available
- Wetsuit and underwater digital camera rentals (for purchase)
- Dramamine (for purchase)
- Paid parking available in Lahaina
- T-shirts available (for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- FREE INFANT (6 and Under) - One Per Paying Adult
- SNUBA available (pay on board)
- For each paying adult one child receives free admission.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
It was a beautiful day on the ocean. The scenery Snorkeling time was sufficient and the fish and coral was spectacular. The crew was very supportive and offered advice for a better outcome for those who were not familiar with snorkeling. It was a Dolphin Adventure as well, but no dolphins were spotted. That was a disappointment but was told sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. If its seasonal that dolphins arrive to the cove, it should be advertised as such. Breakfast and lunch was okay. Will snorkel again.
We had a great trip out to the pineapple island. The captain and staff really took great care of us. We got to see spinner dolphins! We had shark fin cove mostly to ourselves to snorkel. Fun trip.
Great time for our entire family! Excellent adventure and a fantastic crew. And yes, we saw dolphins! Would be 5 star if the food was decent (really bad) and parking was more convenient (had to pay and a pain to find) Still highly recommend.