Molokini Snorkeling Adventure Aboard the Calypso
You come to Maui to have epic experiences, right? Months before your arrival, you’ll spend time daydreaming of the island vibes and aquamarine waters – imagining yourself swimming, sunning, snorkeling, diving, feasting, and drinking in deep relaxation and happiness. One of the most unique places to make all this happen is aboard the brand-new Calypso Maui.
Duration: 5 hours
Location: Calypso Cruises, 101 Maalaea Rd Slip 82, South Ferry Dock, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793
Molokini Crater is located between the islands of Maui and Kaho’olawe. This beautiful site is not only home to several fish species, but many species of birds, as well! The crater is a designated Marine Life Conservation District and bird preserve, so no fishing or climbing on the crater is allowed, but wearing flippers and a mask to watch the fish is perfectly wonderful.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Molokini Crater, Maui, HI
After your Molokini snorkeling, Calypso will whisk you to Turtle Town – a second snorkeling spot. Off the south side of Maui, Turtle Town is home to several large sea turtles as well as dynamic reef fish. A barbecue lunch with vegetarian options will be served at this time, and water, sodas, and juice are available all day long. And just when you think the trip couldn’t possibly get better, they come around with chocolate chip cookies.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Turtle Town, MH43+9V, Wailea, HI 96753, USA
- Two slides
- Maui's only triple-decker catamaran with plenty of seating
- Glass-bottom viewing room
- Professional captain and crew
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and flotation devices
- Ham/egg breakfast, cinnamon rolls, donuts, coffee, juice, and fresh fruit
- BBQ lunch with your choice of chicken, pulled pork, or vegetarian main course
- Ice-cold sodas and juice
- Informative and historical narration
- Fuel surcharge
- "Jump for Joy" jumping platform
- Entry/Admission - Calypso Cruises
- Entry/Admission - Molokini Crater
- Entry/Admission - Turtle Town
- Optional pay on-board "SNUBA". Available for guests 8 years and up. Certain health restrictions apply. SNUBA® allows gets to enjoy the simplicity of snorkeling and also the wonders of breathing underwater. SNUBA® is a unique patented shallow water diving system bridging the gap between snorkeling and scuba diving
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not included nor available
- Optional wetsuit and underwater digital camera rentals
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- SNUBA available on board
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
It was a wonderful time with wonderful food and people! We unfortunately, due to weather/water conditions could not go to Turtle town. Though it was a bummer it worked out as this was our first time snorkeling and we could get used to it.
We had a great time on this snorkeling trip! The trip is a well-oiled machine... they definitely pump out a lot of these trips... and they do it very well. We were impressed just by how many staff they had aboard, and how professional and organized they were. It made the whole trip go safe and smoothly. We liked: - LOVED that they have a naturalist on the boat that snorkels with the group at both location to offer (optional) "naturalist tours" - he pointed out several different species of fish I would have never known how to identify otherwise. Also, as someone who has a mild fear of swimming in the ocean (FYI we did not encounter any "scary" species in the water) it helped me feel a little more comfortable to have the option of swimming in the group. - The two snorkel spots we stopped at were hands down some of the best snorkeling I have ever done. I have been to a few spots in the caribbean and hawaii... The water at Molokini crater was unbelievably clear and we saw SO many different kinds of colorful fish! Turtle town was also super clear and we saw at least 5 big sea turtles chilling and swimming in the water around us. Such a cool experience! -Again, the crew were amazing, professional, everyone seemed to have a clear part in the operation and played it well... very happy with the staff and service. didn't love: - We wished we'd had more of a heads up about how early we would have to get to the boat. We boarded about 15 minutes early and it was already too late to get a seat anywhere other than the inside lower deck. While yes, there are technically enough seats for everyone on board, you will not have much of a selection if you don't get there super super early. Give yourself plenty of time for parking, walking there, etc. - Lunch was really good, but breakfast was kind of weak. Mostly an assortment of pastries, then scrambled eggs with or without ham that were decent but had cooled down considerably by the time I got to them. Also I would suggest that hand washing/sanitation was encouraged before letting passengers touch food utensils or else only let staff touch the serving tongs... Overall awesome experience, would definitely recommend!
Well done adventure. Water was clear and coral amazing. The breakfast and lunch yummy. The crew focused on safety for my family.
Both my kids weren't feeling well and the crew checked on us often. Both the breakfast and lunch were good. The crew was helpful with equipment and so patient with the kids.
The snorkeling was excellent - saw beautiful fish and several sea turtles saw a wonderful pod of humpback whales swimming which was very exciting to watch the ship was good size with lots of room with plenty of restrooms and decks to get in the water for snorkeling the breakfast and lunch they served was excellent and ample the crew was outstanding-very knowledgable, helpful, personable, and friendly. Highly recommend this trip!
Had a great time on the Calypso, Best of all were the staff members, not only professional but fun and very helpful - great team, worth the price alone. Went to two attractive and interesting sites with plenty of time to snorkel and take pictures. Food was surprisingly good considering they hafta feed dozens of people. Always a good spot on a unique and cool boat to see the view. Not to be missed.
This tour was amazing!
This tour was amazing. The boat is new, clean and very spacious. I think it is one of the biggest boat in the harbor. All the crews were available to help and provided excellent service. The food was great. In addition to Molokini Snorkel, we also had a blast time with 2 slides and jumping off from 2nd deck. Highly recommended!!!