Whale Watching from Ma'alaea Harbor
Throughout the tour our certified Marine Naturalists will provide educational talks and interpretation of the whale behaviors you are witnessing. There is even a free Jr. Naturalist Program for kids so that they can learn and enjoy their experience as well. Moreover, whale sightings are guaranteed or you will get a gift certificate to go again for free.
These cruises are offered on smooth riding, double-deck, eco-friendly catamarans built for comfort, stability and viewing. The upper deck provides excellent panoramic views and a higher viewing angle but there is also ample space to move around and shaded cabins below deck. Sodas, juices, alcohol and snacks are also available for purchase inside the bottom deck cabin, as well as two restrooms.
Hotel pick-up and drop off services are not available.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old.
- For each paying adult, 1 child ages 12 and under goes free. They must be on the order/voucher as they account for a seat. Additional child admissions will be charged upon arrival
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Very organized tour. Easy to find meeting spot, quick walk to boat. Boat was clean, the team was very helpful and educational. We saw a mother with her calf and another “teen” whale. We only saw their backs and one tail. No breaches.
Very comfortable boat with indoor and outdoor view options if weather is poor. Well educated and cheery commentary. Boat skipper was able to keep as close as legal for amazing views of moms and their calves, whales breaching all around us and tail flukes visible when whales diving. Unforgettable trip and a highlight of my Hawaiian vacation.
Fun tour with plenty of whales in mid-February!
Our trip was great. January is a good time to do this one since the whales are there giving birth and breeding. We were barely 5 minutes into the trip and we spotted whales!
Knowledgeable and FUN crew. We really enjoy these types of educational cruises that support the eco system.
Knowledgeable and FUN crew. We really enjoy going on these educational cruises that support preservation of the eco system.