Hidden Valley Falls Kayak and Kauai Hike Adventure
The area is steeped in legend and your guides will tell you exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants who resided in the valley long ago. Hule'ia has been the site of filming for a wide range of major motion pictures including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and its sequel, Lost World.
You'll leave your kayaks behind and set out on a 1.5 mile (2.4km) round trip guided Kauai hiking nature walk through a pristine tropical rain forest containing many different communities of plants, birds and aquatic life. You'll stop along the way at swimming holes with rope swings before reaching Hidden Valley Falls, a captivating series of pool-drop waterfalls cascading over black lava rock. Here you'll have some snacks and cold drinks while enjoying the scenery before heading back down to the river for a fun trip back in a double-hulled powered canoe. It's cheating, but who cares?
Restrictions: You must be able to walk 1.5 miles (2.4km) & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Snacks and beverages
- Picnic lunch
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 20 passengers per tour
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
- Picnic lunch includes: turkey sub sandwich, pasta salad & homemade brownies
Excellent tour as described met all our expectations.
We had a great time on this tour! I really need to tell you how great Ari, Kelly and Julio are! They really make the trip fun. Bring bug spray and hiking shoes. Love the kayaking. Thank you Ari for your help, I would have had a hard time with out you Terry Grandma
Definitely not a 'water fall'. More like a stream.
Trevor our guide was great we had a fun day with a few laughs, I thought I would find it a bit strenuous but it was very relaxing and enjoyable
This is an extremely casual trip. i expected the waterfall at the end of the hike to really be something special but it was not really a waterfall at all it was a stream rolling over a few higher rocks, certainly not what one thinks of when you think of a waterfall or see them in the pictures of others on Kauai. Lunch was a C-. The guide was a pretty cool, fun kid and very knowledgeable. But overall the trip was just "OK" and definitely over-priced
We had a great time hiking and kayaking. Very relaxing and at our own pace. Two thumbs up!!
We had a blast. Good job.