Paddle Kauai Jungle Streams and Hike
As you pass through this spectacular and interesting valley by kayak and on foot, your guide will be sharing the mana'o (knowledge) of the island. You'll be filled in on the history of ancient Kauai and how the Ali'i (royalty) and Maka'ainana (common people) lived and played here long ago. You'll learn about the unique and unusual medicinal and food plants that inhabit Kauai's Wailua River Valley, as well as identifying many beautiful ornamental plants, both native and introduced. All this will take place as you get to know each other and have some laughs in this incredible setting.
The return part of this kayaking Kauai tour is downstream, but into the trade winds, giving you a bit of a workout on this leg of the journey. If you don't mind a bit of exercise, this tour will be the one for you! With swimming holes and native exotic botanical wonders, the Wailua truly is a fantasy world of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 12 passengers per tour
- One guide for approximately every 8 - 12 passengers
- Nature Walk is approximately 1 mile each way
- Kayaking is 60-90 minutes each way
- Lunch and refreshments: Cold spring water and juices, a delicious picnic lunch of a turkey sub sandwiches, pasta salad, and a brownie (menu subject to change without notice)
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
Great Kayak down a beautiful river with a nice cool dip at Kauai's secret waterfall over packed lunch. The paddle home was pretty strenuous for us against the current and wind, but everybody made it safely.
This tandom kayaking and hike trip up the Wailua River and the Valley of the Kings was very enjoyable and quite stunning. The guide was very informative regarding the extended history of the Hawaiin people and their habitation of the area.The adventurous walk on the jungle path was beautiful.
We had a great time! Great tour by Adam! The company was very friendly and accommodating. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because there were so many other groups going to the waterfall at the same time. It was overcrowded when we arrived and paddling back. Overall a great tour.
Our tour guide was amazing! His personality made the whole day fun! My wife and I have never kayaked before, and this first experience was awesome. Food was great. The guide made this adventure an educational experience and also took out time with each couple.