Athens Food Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Varvakios Central Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
Our tour starts from your hotel lobby, we will visit together the famous Varvakeios Agora, wander around the market, learn about the spices and smell herbs like the beloved oregano that make Greek cooking so special and taste top quality Pastourma, a delicacy that one can find in the Meat Market within the Agora.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
The tour will continue with a treat like no other. Gyros is a dish made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie, normally chicken or pork. It is served in a pita bread with tomato, onion and tzatziki or any other sauce you desire and is loved by the locals who continuously choose this alternative as a quick bite at any time.
The next stop is for dessert lovers.In this part of the tour you will enjoy a fresh baked piece with a cup of Greek coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Central Market Athens, Monastiraki Greece
After our break we will finish our food adventure by learning more about famous Greek products that have been exported and loved within Europe but worldwide as well and then proceed to sample some of the most characteristic authentic Greek flavors.
Duration: 1 hour
- All food & drink tastings arranged as part of the tour
- Any extra food or drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- If you suffer from any food allergies or have special dietary requirements, you are kindly requested to contact us in advance before booking this tour.
- This tour does not operate on January 1st, 2nd & 6th, March 25th, May 1st, October 28th, December 25th & 26th, Easter Sunday and Monday.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
If you are spending any time in Athens', then I highly recommend adding this tour to your list. It was a great complement to our historic tour earlier in the week. The rich history on who/how/why some of these creations came about was very interesting in addition to who influenced who/what. After learning/visiting the markets around town, we ended the tour having an incredible lunch and soaking up more history/culture on Greece. HINT: Come hungry because you will have more food to try than you know what to do.