Athens Private Small Group Full Day
First, visit the Acropolis of Athens — home to the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike. Marvel at the ancient constructions you find and gain insight into their role in ancient Greece.
With your private driver to lead the way, explore the remains of the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium — where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1986.
During your tour, take in top attractions including Old Parliament House and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and see the famous changing of the Presidential Guards. Admire the neoclassical architecture of the Athens Academy, the National Library of Greece and the University of Athens.
Visit the Ancient Agora of Athens — the old market and heart of the city’s trade — and discover key sites of interest including the imposing Stoa of Attalos and the Temple of Hephaestus.
Lastly, perhaps visit the National Archaeological Museum (own expense) — home to valuable treasures from prehistory to late antiquity. Then, return to your hotel or the port to conclude your tour.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
- Transport by a/c Mercedes Sprinter minibus (seating for 19 passengers)
- Entrance fees (museum and archaeological sites)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 15 people per booking is required (if you wish to have a party less than 15, please call to book, but please note you will have to pay the price for the party of 15)
Being a former English teacher, the guide had impeccable English and was very knowledgeable about the sites. She met us at the port as requested and worked with us in planning our 8 hour tour. She knew several ways to get around the lines at the Acropolis and led us to an excellent Greek restaurant in the Plaka area. We saw all the sites that we had planned.
If you are traveling with a group of 10 or more this is perfect! They were waiting for our party of 14 right at the port with a sign with our name! Our driver and guide spoke very good English and explained all the historical points of the trip. We had ample time to get off at our leisure and take photos and explore. The motor coach was very comfortable and professional - HIGHLY RECOMMEND