Athens Shore Excursion: Athens and Piraeus Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
1. Syntagma Square
2. Melina Mercouri
3. New Acropolis Museum
4. The Acropolis & Parthenon
5. Temple of Zeus
6. National Gardens
7. Benaki Museum
8. Panathinaikon Stadium
9. National Gardens
10. National Library
11. National Archaeological Museum
12. Omonoia Square
13. Karaiskaki Square
14. Thession Station
15. Kotzia Square
1. Cruise Terminal
2. Lion’s Gate
3. Archaeological Museum of Piraeus
4. Mikrolimano Harbour
6. Marriott & Intercontinental Hotels
7. Temple of Zeus
8. National Gardens
9. Syntagma Square
10. Melina Merkouri
11. Marriott & Intercontinental Hotels
13. The Municipal Theatre
Beach Riviera Line (April to October):
1. Interchange Athens & 1 Interchange Athens & Beach-Riviera
3. Faliro / Flisvos
4. Ag Kosmas Beach
5. Glyfada Terminal
6. Asteria Glyfada Beach
7. Kavouri / Oceanis Beach
8. Vouliagmeni Lake Beach
9. Temple of Zeus
- 24 hour or 3 day hop-on hop-off bus pass depending on ticket selected
- 2 free walking/photo tours
- Access to up to 3 bus routes depending on ticket selected
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- For cruise passengers arriving at the Cruise Terminal, bus stops 4, 5 & 6 on the Piraeus route will be the nearest stops at which to join the tour (if ticket including Piraeus route is selected).
- Athens & Piraeus routes operate all year round, excluding 17th November, 25th December and 1st January.
- Beach Riviera route operates April - October only.
- Piraeus route runs from 9:30am - 7:15pm, every 30 minutes. Duration - 80 minutes for full loop.
- Athens route runs from 8:30am - 9:00pm, every 15 minutes. Duration - 90 minutes for full loop.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Democracy & Origin of Athens walking tour runs daily at 11:00am only. Tour departs from bus stop 7 (Athens route).
- Secrets of Parthenon and Athenians walking tour runs daily at 1:15pm only. Tour departs from bus stop 7 (Athens route).
- Paper & mobile vouchers accepted for this tour.
- Most travelers can participate
Transportation from the port was sufficient to get to Acropolis, but was quite unhappy to see a competing identical service priced at $38 for a family of 5. Viator advertised the “lowest price”, but charged $108 for same service. If you’re on a cruise, no reason to buy ahead of time — all 3 bus options are waiting to use at 1/3 Viator’s inflated price.
Great service and made it easy for newbies to the city to get around...highly recommended.
Long ride round with little to see. Good way to get from the port to the acropolis but the greyline yellow bus is a newer bus and runs more frequent. Ride around athens was very long and slow and lots of derilict houses, and shops and just a few glimpses of anything of interest.
Always enjoy these bus tours in new cities. I like to get a base of the whole city while learning informative facts from the commentary. Then you can mark down places you want to come back and see. Would definitely recommend.
The hop on hop off tour in athens was good as well. Unfortunately there was a metro strike and the streets were full of vehicles making it challenging to see all we wanted to. People who had booked other tours encountered the same issues.
Train engineers had gone on strike and blocked all downtown streets. We had to come back early so that we would not miss our cruise departure. This was not the bus tours fault but we did not see what we came to Athens to see.