Half-Day Private Tour: Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon
Perched on the shear cliff edge with vast open views, the temple forms a historical, cultural and awe-inspiring experience. Take the time you need inside the site to enjoy the magnificent sea views extending to the islands of Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day and a stop at a nearby picture postcard beach for lunch (in season) making this a wonderful half day trip from Athens for all.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located hotels
- Free return transfer for Cruise ship passengers
- Dedicated English speaking Tour Driver throughout the day
- First class transport: Groups of 1 to 3 and families of 4: Black Mercedes E Class or Audi A6 Black sedan; Group of 4 or more: Black.Mercedes minivan. All new models with full leather, fridge & free WiFi.
- Departure time: Morning, After lunch or Sunset as required
- Family Option: Please note this is carried out with Sedan Car, not Minibus
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (8 euro)
- Licensed archeological guide for private guiding inside the site (available on request)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please let us know if you require a Private Licensed guide for the site (available on request)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our group of 6 spent a delightful day with Valerius, enjoying the drive along the coast and visiting the fantastic ruins of the Temple of Poseidon. We went in the morning, so that we had the temple nearly to ourselves without all the tour buses. Valerius was very informative and delightful company, and on our way back suggested a great restaurant in the Pireus area by the water that turned out to be our gest meal in Greece. I highly recommend this tour.
This is worth seeing - Poseidon is my favorite so I couldn't miss this - Its a beautiful ruin and well kept - Scenery is very pretty - We did go to the cafe at the bottom of the bay and the food was delicous and well priced - Owners were nice and welcoming. Our guide was nice but did not see to have much to say about the ruins - Just thought we would hear more about the history there.