Highlights of Athens Half-Day Tour with Transfers
Itinerary of our private embark / disembark tour
During the tour you will see: Ancient Agora – Hadrian’s library – Monasti - Royal House
During the tour you will visit: Piraeus Port – The Acropolis – the Parthenon – Erechthion – Temple of Athens Niki – Plaka –Temple of Zeus – Hadrian’s Arch – the Parliament – monument of the Unknown Soldier – Panathenian Stadium – ex Royal House – Kolonaki – Lycabettus Hill
The tour starts upon your arrival at the disembarkation pier at the port of Piraeus. You can join either a 4, 11 or 15 seater private vehicle, depending on the size of your group. After a short drive of through the picturesque quarters of the town we will be reaching the city center. The tour basically starts from the Acropolis, which is by default the highlight of the city. It is considered an architectural masterpiece of the 5th century BC and one of the most important sites in the world. During the visit to the Acropolis you can see the Propylaea, the Erectheum, the Temple of Athena Nike (Victor) and the Parthenon which will definitely awe you. The Temples of the Acropolis are dedicated to Goddess Athena who is also the Patron Goddess of the city, and of course Zeus, who was the father of all Gods. After the Acropolis, the tour will continue towards the Temple of Zeus, which is one of the most imposing temples in Greece; it is also the largest temple of Corinthian style that stands. Almost at the front of the Temple stands the Hadrian’s Arch, which was dedicated by the Athenians to the Roman Emperor Hadrian, separating the old city from the modern.
The half day tour to Athens continues with a visit to the famous buildings of the Parliament Building, the Ex Royal Palace, the National Library, the Academy and the University of Athens. You will also have the chance to visit the Temple of Hephaistus in ancient agora, and the Ancient Agora at the heart of the Athens flea market in Monastiraki. Along the way, you will also see the Panathenaic Stadium, which hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Today, special events are still held there. The driver will then bring you to the more modern part of the city, towards Kolonaki and the hill of Lycabettus, which is the higher hill in Athens and offers splendid views to the entire city.
After the end of the tour in Athens, we will take you to your cruise ship at the Port of Piraeus or to the Athens Airport to catch your flight back home.
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- A professional English speaking driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licenced by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Pick-up from the cruise ship pier at Port of Piraeus Road tolls and local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Athens
- Piraeus Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities following the program mentioned above
- Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost to escort you inside the archaeological sites and museum according to the program.
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour was perfect! We were on our honeymoon and had David tour guide show up on time with an nice black car, air conditioned, comfort seats just for us 2. Not expensive at all, for all the information he gave us. He hit all great areas to take pictures and explained everything for the full half day of the tour. Not once did he stop talking and answering questions. He was amazing. We highly recommend it.