Jewish tour and Athens sightseeing in 6 hours
Athens Holocaust Memorial
The private tour starts in the morning.
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship and will drive you to the heart of Athens, where you can see the Old synagogue of Athens built in 1904.
You will also visit the New Synagogue built in 1935, as well as the memorial of the holocaust. Close to it you can see the Ancient cemetery of Keramikos from 8th century BC.
After the visit to the Synagogue, you will head towards Plaka, one of the most beautiful parts of the city, with lovely little houses and shops.
Jewish museum of Greece in Athens
You will also get to see the new Jewish Museum, which is considered one of the most important Jewish museums in Europe, due to its architecture but also due to the items commemorating the Holocaust, and the interesting collection of Hebrew books and artifacts (website of the Jewish museum of Greece).
After Plaka, the private tour will take you to the Acropolis, which is considered the trademark of the city. Passing by the gates of the Holy Rock of Athens you will see the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the temple of Erechtheion with the Maidens, and of course the highlight of the tour, the Parthenon, which is the perfect example of classic architecture.
Later on, the private tour will continue to the center of the city, taking you to the central Syntagma square, where you can see the Parliament of Greece (ex Royal Palace), the National Gardens, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The private Jewish tour in Athens runs every day, however, you should note that the Jewish Museum is closed on Saturdays and the Synagogue holds the Sabbath services. On Sundays the New Synagogue is closed, and the old Synagogue is closed both on Saturdays and Sundays.
What is included in our Jewish tours in Athens
• Pick-up service from your hotel or cruise ship
• An English-speaking driver with a solid knowledge of history and culture of Greece
• Toll road fees, fuel charges and all taxes
What is not included in our Jewish tours in Athens
• Entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
• Meals & drinks
• The Synagogues do not have entrance fees, but you will be asked to make a donation.
• An official licensed tour guide
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- A professional English speaking driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licenced by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Pick-up from the cruise ship pier at Port of Piraeus Road tolls and local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The tour guide was great and we took our time at all of the sites. We even went to a Bar Mitzvah at the synagogue. The tour The tour included other non-Jewish sites since the Jewish sites do not fill the day. This is a great way to combine a Jewish tour with a regular tour.