Corinth, Cave of Lakes, and Odontotos Railway Private Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Ancient Corinth was inhabited in the Neolithic period (6500-3250 BC) but the big prosperity begins in the 8th century.
Corinth was a city-state on the Isthmus (canal) of Corinth, the narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece, roughly halfway between Athens and Sparta.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kastria Cave of the Lakes, Kastria Greece
THE MYTHICAL 'CAVE OF THE LAKES' has something exclusively unique that does not exist in other well known caves. A rare creation of nature with mysterious galleries and strange stalactite formations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Municipal Museum of the Kalavryta Holocaust, 1-5 Sigrou Achaia, Kalavrita 250 01 Greece
Kalavrita and the surrounding area are a resort for all seasons. This is your lunch place! The museum is NOT part of the tour. We explore the town in foot before or after lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Odontotos Rack Railway, Diakopto 25003 Greece
About 120 years ago Odontotos rack railway started from the seaside town of Diakopto parallel to the river and climbed to Kalavrita through bridges and tunnels.
The little train incorporated so well to the natural environment that it seems that it had always been there. The way it was constructed did not put a strain on the ecosystem of the gorge. Using stone and wood from the area the technicians' work is so perfect that someone may think that the nature worked on its own.
Duration: 2 hours
- Totally private tour. No unknown passengers.
- Transport by private non-smoking driver/tour leader and vehicle
- The highlight of the tour; traditional Greek lunch & drinks at the top of the mountains
- Cave of Lakes and Odontotos Rack Railway
- Ancient Corinth site and museum OR Mega Spilaio Monastery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless on a pedestrian street
- In car bottled water and information booklet
- Carry on bags
- Tickets per person: Cave of Lakes at €9, Odontotos Railway at €9.50, Corinth at €8
- Greek coffee at a mountain village central square
- Shopping stops (unless specifically requested)
- Professional guide (available on request before the tour)
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens or Nafplio
- Excess luggage charges (please ask before the tour)
- Graduites (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Kastria Cave of the Lakes
- Entry/Admission - Odontotos Rack Railway
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Each adult traveler is allowed a maximum of one small carry-on bag
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A maximum of 8 related people per booking; private tour!
- Sites included: Corinth Canal, Odontotos Rack Railway, Cave of Lakes, and either Mega Spilaio Monastery or Ancient Corinth
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
It was our first time we take a private tour on any of our trip, and it was a great experience and a wonderful company. We were picked up by Theodore on time. Had the extra comfortable van all to ourselves (4 persons). Theodore first drove us to the Corinth Canal. Seeing the photos of the Canal is something, but physically being there and witnessing the manmade canal is an amazing view and experience. After that, we passed by another historical location before we reached the Cave of Lakes. We come from a country that has bigger caves, but it was quiet an amazing place, and very cold compared to temperatures outside the cave. After that, we went to the lovely town Kalavryta. What a lovely place!! Here you have to let Theodore pick the place and the food for lunch. Wow, wow, wow, never enjoyed the Greek food like that before. The area is well known of their cheeses and you have to try them in different ways. From there, Theodore took us to the train station and left us there to pick us back again at the destination point. The train ride (although with narrow seating) was so adventurous, as we passed through valleys, over rivers, through carved rocky tunnels. Theodore picked us up at the end of the train line, had some ice cream, and headed back to the hotel. We didn't want the day to be over, but it did with an overall satisfaction. The star of the day was Theodore, a perfect gentleman and amazing company. Thank you Theodore
We had a great day with a knowledgeable tour guide. This tour was very diverse with ancient ruins, beach and ski cities, train ride and underground caves. Not to mention great food!
If you are looking to really experience another culture, join Nikos! This private tour was one of our absolute favorite among our two week European vacation. Ancient Corinth was incredible to walk through to get a life-size idea of how the ancient Greeks lived, and the Cave of Lakes was breathtaking. Nikos immersed us into the culture, people and food of Greece, which was all amazing. What an experience! Highly recommend this private tour.
this tour was superb . Our guide , Nikos , was amazing and a great guy . It was a pleasure to spend the day with him . The sites we visited were breathtaking . The food was authentic and very delicious . My children have not stopped talking about it . a truly memorable and worthwhile experience . We highly recommend .