Olympic Games Small-Group Workout and Race in Athens
You’ll learn how the athletes trained, what disciplines were included as the games evolved, and load up on some really old sports trivia to stump your friends. You’ll also find out about how the modern Olympics were first proposed, organized and held in Athens, more than 1,500 years after they were last staged, and you’ll do this all right in the very building that served as the first Olympic Village.
After knowledge comes exercise. There’s a historic gym nearby where you’ll get to try some classic techniques for old events such as the discus and the javelin throw, and practice newer ones like the shot put, long jump, and relay races. By the time you reach the Panathenaic Stadium, a beautiful white marble structure (the only stadium in the world made entirely of marble), you’ll be psyched up for a truly unique experience, a race in the stadium on the hallowed track where the first modern Olympians competed more than a century ago.
• Learn the history of the Ancient Olympics and what the Games meant to people at the time
• Tour the Zappeion, the first modern purpose-built Olympic facility
• Stretch your muscles and hone your skills in a gym session in a historic 19th-century gymnasium
• Run like a champion in the Panathenaic Stadium, home of the 1896 Olympic Games
- Professional guide
- All activities
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a mild outdoor physical activity, but you don't have to be an athlete to participate in it, you can do it at your own pace
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
The trainer was fun, energetic and knowledgeable about both history and fitness. Had an awesome time and was able to use the stadium track for another workout afterwards!
Katrina was a phenomenal tour guide and I highly recommend this tour for anyone looking for some physical activity and history at the same time!