St Paul in Athens half-day private shore excursion
The Acropolis, the Parthenon and Erechtheion, Mars Hill(Areopagus), the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library, the area of Monastiraki, Plaka, the ancient agora (St. Paul’s meeting place), the Roman agora and Lycabettus Hill
Your private chauffeur will take you to a half day Christian tour in Athens, starting early in the morning. Athens is the cradle of the Western Civilization and this city tour will most definitely prove it to you. The half day tour starts from the most important site of Athens, and one of the most important sites in the world: The Acropolis of Athens.
The Acropolis is the highlight of the city with the Parthenon being the most recognizable part of the city, and one of the trademarks of the ancient culture of Athens. After the visit to the Acropolis, the half day tour will continue taking you to the Mars Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22) where Apostle Paul preached the word of the Christian God that was the new religion at the time.
The private half day tour will continue taking you to a city tour around the important sites of Athens, such as the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library.
You will also visit the picturesque quarter of Monastiraki and Plaka, where you can see the Ancient Agora of Athens, which was one of the major St Paul meeting points. Here, St Paul spent a great part of his stay in Athens, trying to inform the Athenians on Christianity and give an alternative to the established religion of paganism.
You will also spend a little time wandering around the little shops in the area, before heading to the hill of Lycabettus that offers breathtaking views to the city of Athens and to the main port of the city, Piraeus, where St Paul disembarked when coming to Athens.
The private half day Christian tour will end on time for your lunch in Athens or your cruise ship.
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- A professional English speaking driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licenced by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Pick-up from the cruise ship pier at Port of Piraeus Road tolls and local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Athens
- Piraeus Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities following the program mentioned above
- Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost to escort you inside the archaeological sites and museum according to the program.
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our problem with this tour was ourselves. We spent too much time at the Acropolis. We hired another tour guide on the hill which was very good but took too much time to stop at the other places mentioned so we just drove by them. Basically Christos took us to a special place across the street to take a photo as well as walking the up the Acropolis. We then drove by the other sites because we took 3 hours there instead of an hour--our fault. He did tell us about the places and we visited them later as we took this on the first of a 5 day visit to Athens. He gave us a good overall tour of the city and was knowledgeable and prompt.