Hindu Pilgrimage Day Tour
About this activity
The shrine of the sleeping Vishnu, also know as "The Reclining Vishnu" is located 8 km north of Kathmandu, known as Budhanilakantha. Budhanilkantha is situated below Shivapuri hill, possibly the largest image of lord Vishnu. The five yard long, colossal of lord Vishnu reclining on a bed of snakes. Budhanilkantha is the pilgrimage for all Hindus and the scene of great activity at such festivals as Haribodhani Ekadashi and Kartik Poornima. The statue of Vishnu is carved on the single black stone in the pond. Budhanilkantha is rumored that it is found by a couple while ploughing in ancient time and started to worship. It is said that reigning Kings of Nepal may not visit this spot, otherwise they be harmed according to old tradition. It is one of the exciting sight seeing spot.Read more Show less
- An English speaking tour guide
- airport transfer by private car / van / bus
- Foods in Kathmandu and other places more than indicated as per propramme.
- Your travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.) (US$ 40 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International 4. Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You required 2 passport size photos & your password copy.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal clothing and equipments.
- Tips for guide and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Group Size : min 1, max 15Best Season : All year aroundActivities : Sightseeing pilgrimage tourTransportation : Domestic flight, private car, van, jeepStarts From : KathmanduEnds In : Kathmandu
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Collections This experience is part of these collections
You may also likeSee all 37 Collections
Click to discover other experiences See all
CollectionsHiking 82 Activities
CollectionsNagarkot Trek 73 Activities
CollectionsFood & Cooking 16 Activities
CollectionsKathmandu Valley 65 Activities
CollectionsSightseeing 58 Activities
CollectionsTemples Tour 22 Activities
CollectionsEverest Base Camp Trek 151 Activities
CollectionsBhaktapur 39 Activities
CollectionsOther trips 96 Activities
CollectionsPatan Durbar 25 Activities