Langtang Trekking - 12 days
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Our airport representative will meet you outside the Terminal Hall. Transfer to hotel. Stroll around Thamel market.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu City excursion
Sightseeing tour to world heritage sites including Pashupatinath Temple, Bodhanath Stupa, Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Dhunche (1,950m /6,435ft)
Drive to Trishuil Bazar and reach Dhunche.
Day 04: Dhunche – Thulo Syabru (2,230m /7,350ft)
Trek starts to Thulo Bharku, a Tamang village. Reach a fantastic lunch spot within apple fields offering marvelous view of mountain range. The trail leads to Tamang heritage village then to Thulo Syabru.
Day 05: Thulo Syabru – Lama Hotel (2,470m /8,104ft)
The trail descends through village ridge to a small river. Continue descend towards Langtang Khola and then follow the trail from Syabru Besi. Follow the river upstream to Pairo. Enjoy the walk through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests.
Day 06: Lama Hotel- Langtang (3,430m /11,253ft)
Trek towards Langtang. The trail ascends upstream of Langtang River to Ghoda Tabla. Continue ascend into a valley to cross a stream and towards large settlement at Langtang.
Day 07: Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa: (3,870m /12,697ft)
Continue trail through Tibetan village. The valley relocates to a U-shaped turn as you come to the riverbed. Explore the surrounding, acclimatize and visit Kyanjing Glacier. Kyanjing Gomba has monastery and a Yak cheese factory and yogurt.
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa - Day explore
Kyanjin Ri and Tserko Ri are best viewpoints in this area. Visit Tserko Ri for spectacular view of Langtang Lirung, Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji, many more and the foot of the huge Langtang Lirung Glacier. Walk around \Kyanjing valley.
Day 09: Kyanjin Gompa - Lama Hotel: (2,470m /8,150ft)
Our trail retraces to Lama Hotel. Take your time to walk very slowly.
Day 10: Lama Hotel - via Sherpa Gaun to Syabru Besi (1,440m /4,750ft)
Continue through the Sherpa inhabitant and short descend to Bridhim village. Trail descends to the confluence of Langtnag River and Bhote Koshi River towards Syabru Besi.
Follow downstream of Langtang River through the lower valley. The route is shorter and easier but less view comparatively upper route. Summer, during monsoon is not advisable due to landslide and nasty latches.
Day 11: Syabru Besi – Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264ft) . Drive 132 KM
Drive through Dhunche and reach Kathmandu.
Day 12: Final departure
Transfer to international airport and fly to onward destination.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 2 star Hotels in Kathmandu for 3 nights with breakfast
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- City tour by private transport
- Land Cruiser Kathmandu – Dhunche (trail foot)
- Land Cruiser Syabru Besi (trail head)- Kathmandu
- All necessary paper work and permits (National Park permit and TIMS)
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered trekking guide and local porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Guide and porter salaries, insurance, equipment, transport, food and lodging
- All mountain accommodation (soft/comfortable private room)
- Full meals of your choice (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- Supplementary snacks (energy bar, cookies and seasonal fresh fruit)
- Hot drinks (Tea and Coffee)
- Mountain Mart Trek Safe Drinking water
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Trekking equipment such as down filled sleeping bag, walking poles and duffel bag
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- City monument fees
- Bottled water
- Electronic device in Mountain
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
- Any Tips
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 booking required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.