Private Tour:Ring of Kerry,Skellig Ring,Kerry Cliffs and Valentia from Kenmare
The Ring of Kerry is a world-famous route following the N70, N71 and R562 roads in a circular direction around the Iveragh peninsula. The route starts in the town Killarney and passes through the towns and villages of (in order): Killorglin, Cahersiveen, Waterville, Sneem, Kenmare, and finally back to Killarney.
A private tour of the Ring of Kerry has great advantages. Of course you can visit the well known places of interest (for example: Muckross House and Gardens, Coomakista Pass, Kerry Bog Village and the Torc Waterfalls). In addition, we can show you lesser known places that are equally impressive.
• Cromwell's Bridge is a mysterious bridge in the centre of Kenmare. Folklore goes it does not get its name from Oliver Cromwell but is named after the Irish word croimeal - which means moustache!
• The Stone Circle in Kenmare is the largest of its kind in south-western Ireland.
• The Skelligs Ring boasts panaramic views of massive cliffs. The Skellig Islands can be seen in the distance.
• On Valentia Island, humans have been active from at least 4,560 B.C. Along with stunning scenery, Valentia Island is home to the Skellig Experience and Valentia Heritage Museum. At the Valentia Slate Quarry, to this day slate is being mined. Slate from here was used for the Opera House in Paris and Westminster Palace in London!
• Cahergall Fort, Leacanabuiaile Fort and Ballycarbery Castle are all great medieval forts around Cahersiveen. As old as they are, they still dominate the area present-day!
On our private tour, we can stop anywhere you like. You will not miss any Kodak-moments and we can advise you on great places to have lunch, coffee or an Irish pint of plain.
Several variations on the official route exist, that include for example Valentia Island and Saint Finian's Bay. The tour can take you to all these places, including of course the famous highlights such as the Gap of Dunloe, Kerry Bog Village, Derrynane House and Gardens, Valentia Island, Muckross House and Ross Castle.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to certain local attractions
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We had a private tour with our tour guide Bryan Kelly, He was fantastic. Fun, informative, and very concerned about our desires for our trip. He went to places that the tour buses could not go and allowed us the time that we wanted to spend at each stop and stop at the locations that we wanted. He help create some beautiful memories for our family.
Peter was excellent. He arrived on time and had a great vehicle to take the four of us on a tour of the portion of the Ring we were most interested in seeing. He was very engaging and full of details and interesting stories. He gave us the option to do several side trips a chocolate factory, an ancient monastery site and also gave us a very good locals pub in which to have lunch. He is an excellent driver and as a result we were able to go along local roads that we would never have attempted if we were driving. The return to Kenmare through the mountain passes was a highlight. Peter is very knowledgable and enjoys sharing the history of the Kenmare area. We could not have had a more delightful day.
We had a wonderful day with our guide Peter. Got to see quite a few beautiful places and he was very knowledgeable about the area. It was nice that we didn't have to drive and got to sit back and enjoy the scenery. The only confusion was that I had booked a half day trip and he thought we had a full day so it was a little bit rushed. I would definitely recommend Peter and this tour of the Ring of Kerry.
Peter was the best tour guide - knowledgeable about the history, the stories, and really conveyed the local flavor. He took us by roads less traveled to really unique sites like Ballycarberry Castle and the Cliffs of Kerry. Awesome tour!
We had a wonderful day. Peter was a great guide and a wonderful source of information and knowledge about all things Ireland. He really made the day special. He took us to great out of the way places that the tour buses could never have gone. He was willing to answer all questions and found a nice, local place for lunch. I would highly recommend Peter and this trip to anyone considering a private tour. You won't be disappointed.
Booking this tour with Peter was the best decision we made in Ireland! Peter lives in and knows the area so he was able to take us places tourists might not otherwise know about, and traveling in a car means you can go places the tour buses can't! He knows how to plan the tour to avoid bus caravans as best as possible, he stops every single time you want to snap a photo and suggests where the best options are, suggests great lunch places populated by locals, and will customize the tour for you we ended up adding on the Gap of Dunloe as Peter suggested that we would be able to go through Killarney National Park on our journey onward the next day. Peter is so knowledgeable and answered all our questions, and even gave us suggestions for what to do that evening and where to stop in Killarney the next day! I would highly recommend booking his private tour of the Ring of Kerry, or any of his other tours - guaranteed it will be money well spent!!