Ketchikan Super Saver: Off-Road Jeep and Canoe Safari Combo
The driving portion of your tour starts as you are grouped with three fellow tour participants for your adventure on the mountainous roads of Tongass National Forest. In your 4WD Jeep Wrangler, follow the route through lush rainforest and up mountain roads to view magnificent scenery. By means of your two-way radio, your group leader and guide will provide you with interesting and informative commentary along the way.
Be fascinated by the area’s natural history as you pass through old-growth and new-growth forests. Learn about the timber industry’s reforestation methods while you stop for some fantastic views and photo opportunities. Along the route, you will stop to change drivers so that everyone who wants to drive will get the opportunity.
The Jeep portion of the tour ends at Lake Harriet Hunt. Here, change modes of transportation from Jeep to canoe! Experience the unique Alaskan ecosystem as you make your way across the lake with your guide in a large, easy-to-paddle, 37-foot (11-meter) canoe. This Native American-style vessel comfortably seats up to 20 people. When you reach the other side of the lake, your expert guide will lead you on a nature hike through an old-growth forest.
During the nature walk, you'll make your way to a remote camp in Tongass National Forest, where you’ll enjoy an Alaskan snack. Refuel with smoked salmon, clam chowder, fresh bread rolls with local wild-berry jam, hot chocolate, coffee and more.
Your tour ends with a short narrated transfer back to base camp, and then on to your original departure point.
- 4-hour 4WD Jeep and canoe combo tour
- Professional guide
- Individual driving time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Drivers must be at least 25 years old and are required to show a current driver's license
- Moderate to good physical condition is necessary for participation
- Minimum age for the tour is 5 years
- Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into the required life jacket
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Our family had so much fun. We own a 4x4 SUV for over 10 years; however, we never drive through the narrow and bumpy mountain road in a national park. We scream and laugh the same time. We could not stop talking about the trip after we get back home almost a month now.
Great trip well organised , and the guides were brilliant knowledgable and helpful