Chef's Table Tour in Downtown Knoxville
Chef's Table Tour we will spend approximately 3-hours walking, at a light pace no more than 1.4 miles, to five different, local restaurants in the downtown Knoxville area. Each restaurant will provide you a large "sample plate" of food prepared especially for us, and the stop will also include an interactive visit from the chef(s), owners and management! There is enough food to make up at least a meal (or two!), and we highly recommend you come hungry. We are also able to accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten free, no shellfish, etc ONLY with advance notice given to us. so please call us at 865-410-TOUR (8687) at least one day prior to your tour if that applies. Our unique food tours concepts are that we give culinary freedom to each restaurant and chef(s) as far as the food they prepare us...so it won't necessarily be the same food from one tour to the next! Stops include places like
Clancy's Tavern, which prides themselves in traditional Irish fare like fish and chips, boxty, pub spuds, and a large whiskey selection;
Cafe Vicolo, "an inspired eatery" founded by a world chef traveler with Italian heritage deep in his blood, where they serve things like homemade New York style dishes, sandwiches, fresh salads, an array of baked goods, and more every day!;
Boyd's Jig and Reel, the only authentic Scottish bar and pub featuring music sessions, one of the largest Scotch selections in the entire world, and staple food items such as bangers, Ploughman's lunch, toad in a hole, and more!;
Balter Beerworks, a craft beer brewery and restaurant transformed from an old service station that offers yummy upscale bar plates and cold drinks;
The Phoenix Pharmacy and Soda Fountain, a fully functioning pharmacy that also makes up their own syrups, sauces, toppings, ice creams, and everything in between!
This tour you will allow you to also learn about the fun and special history of downtown Knoxville and how it has shaped everything from the architecture, culture and even the food! You can't get an experience like this on your own, so come eat, drink and socialize with us in Downtown Knoxville!
**Restaurants can be subject to change based on dates, availability, etc. Guests will receive a list of tour stops the day of their tour upon arrival. The above list contains a general overview of restaurants we work with, and the 5 we will visit on your tour may or may not be listed above.**
- Beverages (water only is given at each restaurant, aside from select "special stops")
- Food tasting (LARGE sample plates from each restaurant)
- All activities (tour guide entertainment, added on history tour information, etc)
- Partner discounts/coupons from other local downtown establishments
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly, if needed for size of tour group
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase if of age, select stops will have special drinks included)
- Gratuities (optional, especially if you enjoyed your time and the guide did a great job!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers, children under the age of 2 are free.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years (*don't forget your ID!*)
- Dress code is smart casual, and please dress weather accordingly. Tour Operates in all weather, but in the case of severe, life threatening weather you will be contacted by your tour guide no later than 11am the day of your scheduled tour to be offered a rescheduled date or a refund. If you have concerns about the weather prior to your tour date but have not yet heard from us, feel free to call us at 865-410-TOUR (8687) for an update or inquiries
- Vegetarian, gluten free, no fish/seafood, etc. is possibly available ONLY with advance notice given to us by calling (if possible/applicable) at least one day before your tour at 865-410-TOUR (8687)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required IF you are the first people booking a specific date.
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Wheelchair and stroller accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Special "add on's" and fun surprises can be added onto your tour if you have anyone coming that is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, bachelor/bachelorette party, etc. etc by notifying us at least 12 hours in advance by calling us at 865-410-TOUR (8687)!
- Not recommended if guest has difficulty walking, numerous food/dietary restrictions, or sensitivity to heat/cold when weather is extreme
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
We have learned, in our travels, that a food tour is a great way to learn about a city and its food. Lauren did an outstanding job with the tour and the history of the area. The food was excellent and the restaurant staff was very helpful. I highly recommend this tour whether you are visiting or a Knoxville native.