Samui Island Tour to Angthong Marine Park by Big Boat with Kayaking
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samui Island Tour, 349, Moo 3, Angthong, Thailand
Start the trip with a pickup from your hotel on Koh Samui by air-conditioned minibus. Depart from Nathon Pier by fully equipped tour boat with 3 decks and plenty of space. Get a light breakfast while watching the majestic marine scenery slip by.
Arrive at Angthong National Marine Park and start kayaking under huge limestone cliffs through crystal blue waters along the coastline. Reach Mae Koh Island by kayak or set over by longtail boat if you have chosen the sightseeing option. Climb the steps to the top of the island in approx. 10 minutes and enjoy a fantastic view over the Emerald Lagoon which is also known as 'Talay Nai'. The salt water lake is surrounded by sheer cliffs and is definitely the highlight of this tour.
After this great adventure you will be ready to feast on a Thai buffet on board the tour boat, followed by fresh seasonal fruits.
Enjoy more kayaking at Wua Talap Island or hike along a 1640ft (500m) natural trail which leads to a view point with an impressive panoramic view over the picturesque setting of Angthong Marine Park. Please note that there is a little climbing passage along fixed ropes at the end of the trail. Another highlight is a short hike to the Lotus Cave, known as 'Bua Boke', with beautiful stalactite and stalagmite mineral formations. For people who are physically less active, there are a plenty of other activities available. Swim, snorkel or just relax on a beautiful beach with soul-warming sun, crystal-clear waters and powder-soft white sand. If you like to stay overnight on the island, we will drop you off at the park ranger head quarter and pick you up from there again the next day. There are bungalows and camping sites available.
The hours passed quickly without noticing, and it's already time to leave this wonderful place. On the way back to Koh Samui you can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while admiring the last views of the astonishing islands. Arrive back at Nathon Pier and get transferred to your hotel where can look back on your day in the enchanting still of the evening.
• 07:00 - 08:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
• 08:00 - 08:30: Meet the crew & get instructions
• 08:30 - 09:45: Cruise by tour boat to Angthong Marine Park with a light breakfast
• 09:45 - 10:30: Paddle by kayak around the islands in Angthong Marine Park (only if kayak option has been booked)
• 10:30 - 11:00: Reach Koh Mae Koh Island by kayak or set over by longtail boat
• 11:00 - 12:00: Climb to the viewpoint overlooking the Emerald Lagoon
• 12:00 - 12:00: Enjoy a tasty Thai buffet lunch
• 13:00 - 15:00: More kayaking at Wua Talap Island or hike along a 500m natural trail known as 'Bua Boke'
• 14:00 - 15:00: Short hike to the Lotus Cave with beautiful stalactites & stalagmites
• 15:00 - 16:15: Head back to Koh Samui having coffee or tea on board
• 16:15 - 16:30: Transfer to hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Nathon Pier, Ko Samui District, Ang Thong Thailand
Meet at Nathon Pier (same pier where Lomprayah departs) on Koh Samui at 08:00.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park, 346/1 Talad Lang, Ang Thong 84000 Thailand
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Ko Mae Ko, Ang Thong National Marine Park, Ang Thong Thailand
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ko Wua Talap Island, Ang Thong Thailand
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Trip Store Krabi, Krabi Town Thailand
This tour is provided by Trip Store Krabi.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Light breakfast and buffet lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayaking equipment with dry bag (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English and German speaking guides
- Longtail boat transfer from the boat to the islands
- Accident Insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The German guide is not available in the month of October
- If you like to stay overnight on Wua Talap, we will drop you off at the park ranger head quarter and pick you up from there again the next day. There are bungalows and camping sites available.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
Overall we enjoyed this trip - lots happening and the food was great. This is really is value for money - the downside in keeping it good value is that it is very packed in the numbers of people on the boat. We didn’t enjoy that so much. Still it is well organised so nobody misses out on anything
This is a good tour, although the timings given in the advert are a little out with regard the cruise section on the boat to and from Angthong. It took around 1:45 minutes there and nearly two hours back, so be prepared for the day to be longer than advertised. Also I'd strongly recommend booking the kayaking rather than not, otherwise it would probably get a bit boring on the boat. The food and drink provided were good and plentiful. The snorkelling wasn't amazing, but then it was never advertised as such. This tour is good value for money and worthwhile.
Visited nice places but a lot of people on a big boat.... Ended up feeling rushed through all of the activities. Would have liked this trip to be organized in smaller groups.