Snorkel and Kayak Tour to Angthong Marine Park by Speedboat from Koh Samui
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lomlahkkhirin High Speed Ferries Co, Mae Nam 84330 Thailand
Spend the day in the emerald jewel of the Gulf of Thailand on a speed boat tour to Angthong Marine Park from Koh Samui. Start the day off with a light breakfast and a 45-minute speed boat ride through the 42 islands. Spend the rest of your day snorkeling the colourful coral reefs and kayaking in the idyllic oasis of the park. Visit the viewpoint of Koh Mae Ko island for an amazing view of the crystal lagoon and the stunning rock formations towering above the archipelago.
After being picked up at your hotel you will meet the friendly staff of Lomlahk Khirin at Bang Rak Pier. Enjoy a light breakfast and get safety instructions and information about the trip. Start the day off with an exciting 45-minute speed boat ride to the breathtaking beauty of Angthong Marine Park.
Angthong translates as 'golden bowl', occupies almost 250 sq km and includes 50 sq km of surreal limestone islands and karst topography, which rise from the sea. All of the 42 islands are uninhabited and undeveloped except for one. This island, Koh Paluay, is inhabited by sea-gypsies who still earn a living from fishing. The Marine Park is famous for its natural beauty untouched by development.
Spend the day island-hopping through the archipelago, visiting the park's principal islands, and exploring their natural caves and stunning rock formations by kayak. On Koh Mae Ko, you can hike up to the top with a spectacular view over the emerald saltwater lake called Thale Nai which is connected with the sea through underwater caves. A trail that takes 20 minutes to walk leads from a nearby beach to the viewpoint over the lake.
At mid-day, enjoy a delicious Thai style buffet lunch at the beach of Woa Ta Lab, and spend the afternoon sunbathing or simply relaxing on the endless white sand beaches of the islands.
• 07:30 - 08:15: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
• 08:15 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew and enjoy a light breakfast
• 09:00 - 09:20: Depart from Bang Rak Pier to Angthong Marine Park
• 09:20 - 09:25: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan for pickup other customers
• 09:25 - 09:50: Cruise further to Angthong Marine Park
• 09:50 - 10:50: Open water snorkeling at the first island in Angthong Marine Park
• 10:50 - 11:00: Continue to Wua Ta Lap Island
• 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing & swimming at the beach of Koh Wua Ta Lap
• 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch at a local restaurant near the park ranger station
• 13:00 - 13:45: Kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
• 13:45 - 15:00: Hike to the view point of Koh Mae Ko
• 15:00 - 15:25: Depart from Angthong National Marine Park to Koh Phangan
• 15:25 - 15:30: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan to drop-off other customers
• 15:30 - 16:30: Cruise to Koh Samui & transfer to hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Big Buddha pier, Bo Put, Ko Samui District, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Meet at Lomlahk Khirin Pier in Bang Rak on Koh Samui 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park, 346/1 Talad Lang, Ang Thong 84000 Thailand
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ko Wua Talap Island, Ang Thong Thailand
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ko Mae Ko, Ang Thong National Marine Park, Ang Thong Thailand
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Pass By: Trip Store Krabi, Krabi Town Thailand
This tour is provided by Trip Store Krabi.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinking water and fruit
- Light breakfast and buffet lunch
- Snorkeling and kayaking equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult and 150 THB per child
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
A little disappointed as not a great deal of information was given on this tour about the locations. The water for the snorkling was a bit murky. The staff made sure we had drinks and there were plenty. Communication at times was tricky and when we stopped down at one of the locations there were some sharp rocks that my daughter cut her foot on. I struggled to help her myself as it was tricky negotiating and could not physically lift her and the staff on the boat were not that helpful. Luckily another guest was able to help carry her onto shore so she could get treated. I had expected them to show a bit more concern or at the very least have a first aid kit on board.
This was a great day trip. Pick up and drop off at our hotel included. Really enjoyed the snorkeling and kayaking. Lunch was also very good, plenty of drinks and snacks. We had a good day, would do it again!
We enjoyed the tour so much especially kayaking. The view is awesome, food is nice but sad to see all the dead corals while snorkeling.
Trip was okay. Dont expect too much. Lots of sitting around, waiting. Kayaking was really boring, we didnt get to go up to the main viewpoint. Snorkeling was the only great part, crazy amount of fish and corals, clear water. Would do it again for the snorkeling but other than that not worth it.
Must Do in Samui !! Beautiful
Snorkel and Kayak Tour but without the Kayak No, really. We were not once offered a chance to go kayaking, saw loads of other tourists in their canoes though. To be honest the only thing we enjoyed on this tour was the one hour snorkeling. The itinerary promised us two snorkeling spots but only one we got. Maybe it was because the organizers were late since the very beginning of the tour. The pick-up from the hotel was late. We leave at nine. The boat took off from the pier at 9:30. And so on. Massive amount of tourists leaving for various tours from the same pier, massive amount of tourists all over the marine park apart from the snorkeling spot, cold and tasteless food at the lunch buffet, the guide shouting with f-words to a Russian guy showing up late at one island, the guide not really giving us any information on the few islands and beautiful spots our team this is actually what the guide referred us with stopped by - and to finish with a very bumpy one-hour ride back to Samui. This tour was a disaster and almost a complete waste of money and our time. Next time we'll invest on a proper and more than likely private tour instead of this conveyer belt -like rip-off with a couldn't-care-less attitude towards tourists who really looked forward to seeing and experiencing something special.
A wonderful diversity of experiences! The snorkling, kayaking and trekking were equally enjoyable and spectacular! The guide was wonderful and enthusiastic! My partner and I had a very memorable day :