Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial Guided Tour from Krakow
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Explore the twin concentration camp: Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II- Birkenau with a guide as you learn about the Nazi Holocaust and how the camps functioned.
Duration: 3 hours
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Tour escort/host.
- Documentary film during the transfer.
- Local live guide.
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (designated centrally located Krakow hotels only).
- If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup, please make sure to contact the supplier
- no later than 24h prior to your tour.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from designated centrally located Krakow hotels.
- Pls arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced,
- you must make your own way to main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street,
- across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow.
- Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup, please make sure to contact the supplier no later than 24h prior to your tour. Roundtrip transportation is available from designated centrally located Krakow hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, or you do not confirm the pickup time & location, you must make your own way to main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum cannot exceed dimensions 30x20x10 cm. Larger bags must be left in the bus.
- There is a 15-minute break during the tour, when you can eat and drink a snack and a bottle of water you are recommended to bring.
- There is no particular age restriction, however due to the nature of this tour it is not recommended for children 14 and younger.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden. You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum.
- Eating and smoking, as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the Museum.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Remember to bring your identity document or passport (without it, you will not be able to enter the museum).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
The bus pick up and transfer was excellent as was the basic organization by Cracow Tours. Our tour guide at Auschwitz and Birkenau was not good. She did not make eye contact, did not encourage any questions or conversation and delivered the commentary in a rushed, robotic tone marching from place to place so that we had to rush to keep up - no time to read signage. She could have been much friendlier. We realize the subject of the tour was a serious one - all the more reason to show a little more humanity!
Comfortable, air conditioned bus, ran on time, well organised and really well delivered, excellent guide, knowledgeable and thoughtful
As title says, tour was very well organised. The guides gave deep insight into a dark period of human history. I can recommend this tour to everyone with even a slight interest in WW2 and the holocaust.
It was good only thing I would say is more walking than expected, and it’s very factual not emotive, would not need to go again though, was very shocking and I learnt things I didn’t know before
guide was to the point without exaggerating with to many details; he let the exibition speak for itself we went early to be before the great masses
The tour was very well organised. The guide was very knowledgeable and gave interesting insights about the place.
If its hot bring plenty of water. Be prepared for a lot of walking.
A very well organised tour, the transport picked us up with no hitches there was a loo on the coach! The guide was very highly knowledgable - a sobering experience though. Wear comfortable shoes definitely. I would use Viator again
great trip very much worth seeing!
This was a terrific tour, although it is to a very somber place. The guide was tremendous and we were able to see quite a lot, and were provided with a lot of history of the events that occurred in Auschwitz and Birkenau. Highly recommended tour - an absolute must see if you are visit Krakow.
Everything went fine. But JACEK, the group leader was outstanding. He shows knowledge, but above all, shows emotion. TOP!